5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Underseat Storage - Pics PLEASE!

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Ok. I pulled the trigger and bought the Du Ha.i have to say, I am impressed with how much you can fit in it, I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying the stock one from me.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok. I pulled the trigger and bought the Du Ha.i have to say, I am impressed with how much you can fit in it, I wonder if anyone would be interested in buying the stock one from me.

I would, just depends on cost + shipping

Brian1052

Reaction score
Anyone else that took out the factory storage that is interested in selling it let me know. I have a black interior.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else that took out the factory storage that is interested in selling it let me know. I have a black interior.

Just a heads up. I received the one from the above discussion and realized it can’t be swapped into a non-factory optioned vehicle. My truck doesn’t have any of the factory connection points. Major bummer.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Just a heads up. I received the one from the above discussion and realized it can’t be swapped into a non-factory optioned vehicle. My truck doesn’t have any of the factory connection points. Major bummer.
Check behind the plastic ans see if you have the mounting plate with the 3 holes. If you do, we can swap the plastic parts to make it work.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check behind the plastic ans see if you have the mounting plate with the 3 holes. If you do, we can swap the plastic parts to make it work.

First, I want to mention that’s not your fault, I should have done my research as to how this thing connected. Actually I was under the impression the factory solution was just a smaller plastic tray. My fault entirely.

From what I can tell, I’d need to remove the seats to have access to the back panel. Seems like far more trouble than it’s worth. Actually, the connections to the center latch mechanism is also missing on my truck so seems I’d have to alter the floor carpet to get that to work as well.

May just chock this up to a mistake on my part and order up a better solution. If I were in your shoes I would have assumed every truck looked the same as mine. I’m actually quite surprised they don’t all have the factory connections.

So for anyone without a factory under-seat storage, please note this isn’t a simple swap to include it. Definitely go with one of the aftermarket options.

JaxAJ

Reaction score
Does the du ha still allow access to the Ram buckets in a crew cab? Have the all weather factory mats.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a bin to go under the rear seat.

HU - WeatherTech - Husky - all of the websites show a 2018 (or '19 Classic) with drive shaft hump.

I KNOW they were redesigned for the new body style - but so far, haven't been able to make a decision, because I haven't been able to find ACTUAL PHOTOS of any of these units in our 5th gen trucks.

So - PLEASE - if anyone has ANY OF THE ABOVE installed in their truck - can you take a minute and shoot/post a photo, so I can figure out which one works best for me?

Right now - it's between the WeatherTech and the Husky - the HU looks a little "cheesy" for my taste (but the rifle racks ARE a nice touch).

Thanks in advance...

Rick

The du ha has way more storage space by far you lose with the others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
Yes the du-ha is a really nice storage
2c7e3c46e8a2c73cbace6b8a1ac7ef83.jpg
1b847a62ddc9e99c8226b6498fe9c867.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for a bin to go under the rear seat.

HU - WeatherTech - Husky - all of the websites show a 2018 (or '19 Classic) with drive shaft hump.

I KNOW they were redesigned for the new body style - but so far, haven't been able to make a decision, because I haven't been able to find ACTUAL PHOTOS of any of these units in our 5th gen trucks.

So - PLEASE - if anyone has ANY OF THE ABOVE installed in their truck - can you take a minute and shoot/post a photo, so I can figure out which one works best for me?

Right now - it's between the WeatherTech and the Husky - the HU looks a little "cheesy" for my taste (but the rifle racks ARE a nice touch).

Thanks in advance...

Rick

Du ha
2c5c125dbbea28b24b46fcf8f889d45e.jpg

99313d779cebf8410a4032653eab2981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
37e2832aecbeb26d86305acf399485ac.jpg

Last edited:

bassadict69

Reaction score
Will the Du-Ha hold a scoped deer rifle and still allow the seat to fold back down?

SimmZ

Reaction score
Is it just me or the DU-HA storage bin seems to be twice more spacious than the Husky and Weathertech? I don't understand why they have both recessed corners while the DU-HA is fully flush to the seat! In the other hand the DU-HA seem much more thin, unfinished and flimsy...

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or the DU-HA storage bin seems to be twice more spacious than the Husky and Weathertech? I don't understand why they have both recessed corners while the DU-HA is fully flush to the seat! In the other hand the DU-HA seem much more thin, unfinished and flimsy...
Its nothing flimsy about the du-ha and yes the du-ha has more space

Users who are viewing this thread