5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Underseat Storage - Pics PLEASE!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Looking for a bin to go under the rear seat.

HU - WeatherTech - Husky - all of the websites show a 2018 (or '19 Classic) with drive shaft hump.

I KNOW they were redesigned for the new body style - but so far, haven't been able to make a decision, because I haven't been able to find ACTUAL PHOTOS of any of these units in our 5th gen trucks.

So - PLEASE - if anyone has ANY OF THE ABOVE installed in their truck - can you take a minute and shoot/post a photo, so I can figure out which one works best for me?

Right now - it's between the WeatherTech and the Husky - the HU looks a little "cheesy" for my taste (but the rifle racks ARE a nice touch).

Thanks in advance...

Rick

doctorxring

Reaction score
I got my WeatherTech under seat storage bin today. I’ll be putting it in my truck tomorrow and I’ll post some pics. Just looking at the thing laying on the floor it looks good. Better than I thought it would from the pics WeatherTech had in their website. Deeper pockets.

Last edited:

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I got my WeatherTech under seat storage bin today. I’ll be putting it in my truck tomorrow and I’ll post some pics. Just looking at the thing laying on the floor it looks good. Better than I thought it would from the pics WeatherTech had in their website. Deeper pockets.

Looking forward to the pics. Without the driveshaft hump there should be more room for storage,

Rick

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Does it STICK OUT FURTHER than the seat bottoms when they are down? Does it limit access to the side storage bins (I am running the factory mat in the back - which doesn't extend under the seats).

I just need a place to keep all the crap I pulled out of my SUV (tire plug kit, first aid kit, small tire compressor, shooting muffs & glasses, a couple of boxes of ammo, Ryobi Vacuum, etc.). This looks like it has as much space as the cargo bin in the back of my 16 Pilot.

I assume from the looks of it - I'm going to need to remove my factory underseat storage thingie.

Ordering now...

Thanks again...

Rick

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
I like that weathertech one. Did you have the factory one that you had to remove?

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I like that weathertech one. Did you have the factory one that you had to remove?

I would think at his trim level - it may not have come with one.

According to the nice lady I spoke to @ weathertech - it WILL have to come out.

Husky make 2 models - one for WITH and one for WITHOUT the factory one.

It should be relatively easy to remove...

Rick

Charon

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the Du Ha? I'm between that and the weathertech. Weather tech seems to look cleaner.

Edit:
Good pictures on here. Just ordered the Du ha.

Last edited:

doctorxring

Reaction score
It comes out almost to the edge of the seat. Looks about right to me.

I didn't have the factory option under seat organizer because I knew I was going to order this one.

Does not interfere with RamBins

UnderSeatStor 3.jpg

UnderSeatStor 4.jpg

Dtbrew

Reaction score
As I noted in the thread below the WeatherTech ones interfered with the operation of my reclining rear seats because they are too tight to the bottom of the seat and prevent it from moving. I switched to the DuHa version and like it much better. See this thread for more pictures and info:

Gary2920

Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of the Du Ha? I'm between that and the weathertech. Weather tech seems to look cleaner.

Edit:
Good pictures on here. Just ordered the Du ha.
Good Morning, how did the du ha work out? It seems to cost $50-60 more than the weather tech. The pics on the forum show the weather tech is much deeper than on their own website.

doctorxring

Reaction score
My rear seat passengers will have to tuff it out... sorry no reclining. You will have to suffer. LOL !!!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
My rear seat passengers will have to tuff it out... sorry no reclining. You will have to suffer. LOL !!!
You should be able to recline the seats before you install the bin & just leave them that way.

I think the whole time I had my last car, the only person that went in the backseat was my dog.

Rick

Charon

Reaction score
Good Morning, how did the du ha work out? It seems to cost $50-60 more than the weather tech. The pics on the forum show the weather tech is much deeper than on their own website.
It won't get here until friday. I'm positive it has more space than weather tech.

Gary2920

Reaction score
hanks! I spoke with weathertech and they said the pic on the site is not representative of actual. She offered to pull a part from inventory and indeed called me back with a depth dimension i requested. I didn't write it down, but i think it was 7-8"? They offer 5% discount if you have AAA .

jkratze1

Reaction score
I have the DU HA and the seats recline great with it installed. I did not have the factory underseat cargo. They also work with the Mopar slush mats installed.

20190817_142657.jpg

Snapchat-1109901110.jpg

hceptj

Reaction score
Pics of the husky gearbox in my crewcab

Attachments

• 20191029_141157.jpg
    20191029_141157.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 752
  • 20191029_141216.jpg
    20191029_141216.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 729
  • 20191029_141222.jpg
    20191029_141222.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 692

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pics of the husky gearbox in my crewcab

Can you recline the rear seats with the Husky bin?

I can’t believe these trucks don’t come with some under seat storage from the factory! Definitely need to pick one of these up.

Last edited:

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
You guys are making me want to rip out the factory storage and order one of these. I like the looks of the Weathertech but worried about the seats not being able to recline (just in case). Next option would be the Du Ha. Ya'll are making me want to spend my tax return money!! I could probably sell a couple of rolls of toilet paper on side of the street and pick one of these up.

Users who are viewing this thread