5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear tow hooks without using receiver hitch

Slimmons

Reaction score
Hey, I have been using my winch a lot lately. It's a winch that you attach to the rear receiver hitch. I've been able to get by without rear tow hooks for a while, but now it's getting pretty difficult to find spots to mount to without rear tow hooks. I've been looking around, and their are a few posts asking about this, but they all seem to end in "just get a d-ring for your receiver hitch". While those are awesome, I can't use that since I have the winch in there. Does anybody know of a kit that exists? I don't do any fab work, as I'm not a welder (maybe one day). I know the TRX has some, but I understand they won't fix on anything but the TRX. 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's a post on here of someone who makes adapters to mount tow hooks on the rear.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
500 bucks for rear pulling points?
We brought them in as inexpensive as we could but there is a lot that goes into these. They are laser cut and tig welded 1/4" steel and we include grade 8 hardware. We could make them cheaper but I'd prefer to make them better. We even sell the Mopar hooks at less than MSRP to try to keep costs down as much as possible. We understand it's not for everybody.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
All orders are either shipped or at powder coat. I was able to get four extra bracket sets to powder coat that haven't been sold yet. I am working on getting everything built out that we have materials for. I may even be able to get ahead and get a few sets in stock.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We got a pallet of parts back from Powder Coat. Severalraw steel sets getting knocked out as well. All orders shipped today. All future orders will ship next business day while supplies last and we can keep ahead of the orders. Thank you to everyone for the support and placing orders.
TRX Tow Hook Brackets Powder Pallet.jpg TRX Tow Hook Brackets Raw Steel.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is a 5th gen section but for the people watching with 4th gens, we are going to be taking preorders on our 4th gen brackets in the next few days. Prototyping should be done this weekend.

Slimmons

Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab
Update:
I've now had the shifts and grins fab tow hook brackets, and hooks for about and year, and it's been awesome. I've winched about 15,000 lbs off of them, and used them to chain the truck to a tree for heavier winching (I move a lot of boulders, and pull down hickory trees in the forest). Everything has been perfect with them, no issues.

Attachments

• PXL_20220402_172238160.jpg
    PXL_20220402_172238160.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230115_092406.jpg
    20230115_092406.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 50

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@Shifts And Grins Fab
Update:
I've now had the shifts and grins fab tow hook brackets, and hooks for about and year, and it's been awesome. I've winched about 15,000 lbs off of them, and used them to chain the truck to a tree for heavier winching (I move a lot of boulders, and pull down hickory trees in the forest). Everything has been perfect with them, no issues.
That is so Awesome!!! I love hearing people are using them how they were designed.

Users who are viewing this thread