5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear spring spacer Jeep?

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently did the Eibach height adjustable shocks to my rebel, and it sits perfectly level…however there’s a small problem. Because of the wheel wells and hood line etc, it doesn’t appear to be level. It looks like the front is sitting higher than the rear, even though it’s not.
Long story short I want to add a 1/2 to 1 inch spacer to the rear. I’m having a hard time finding anything under 1” that says it’s for our rams, but I have heard that the Jeep Gladiators have the same springs. So in theory spacers that fit the gladiator would fit our rams. Can anyone confirm if this is true and is anyone here using them on their ram?
Thanks in advance

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not the first time I’ve heard that …. Daystar makes a poly spacer that is supposed to work very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Not the first time I’ve heard that …. Daystar makes a poly spacer that is supposed to work very well

I’ve looked at Daystar along with others but no one seems to have anything under 1”. Ideally I’d like a 1/2” if I can find one that works

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In all my searches, I’ve never seen a rear 1/2” spacer. You may have to get it custom made.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
In all my searches, I’ve never seen a rear 1/2” spacer. You may have to get it custom made.
That brings me back to the Jeep spacers. I’ve seen and heard of guys with 1/2” spacers for Jeep’s. Rancho and Rough Country I believe are just two of the brands that have 1/2” for Jeep’s and I wanna say I’ve even seen some for suburbans in 1/2”

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought some 1/2” spacers off eBay. They are a little steep for spacers but they worked well. I’ll see if I can find them again

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, ok. I did find these for the JK, but I don’t know if the springs are close enough diameter to fit. I haven’t found anything for the JL/Gladiator yet.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These are the ones I used.

Oh lol, I looked at the pic of those and passed it over because I thought they were for threaded coilovers.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why even bother with a 1/2" spacer when only a tape measure can tell the difference?

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s everyone. .75 is about all I’m finding for the gladiator. Whoa_ram I appreciate the link. Do you like those? Fit well?

And the reason for 1/2” spacer or more is because the truck fails the eye test. It appears higher in the front than the rear. So by adding .50 or more it will obviously give it a little rake but hopefully pass the eye test more than anything

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Take a floor jack and raise the back 1/2" on the hitch before you make a decision on buying and then look at the truck, bet ya won't see a difference.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s everyone. .75 is about all I’m finding for the gladiator. Whoa_ram I appreciate the link. Do you like those? Fit well?

And the reason for 1/2” spacer or more is because the truck fails the eye test. It appears higher in the front than the rear. So by adding .50 or more it will obviously give it a little rake but hopefully pass the eye test more than anything
I used them and had no issue with them. I don't have them installed, right now. I'm waiting to see what coilovers I get first.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Take a floor jack and raise the back 1/2" on the hitch before you make a decision on buying and then look at the truck, bet ya won't see a difference.
That’s a good idea. And you might very well be right and I don’t notice a .50” but maybe a full 1” is the way to go

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same boat here.. I’m level but when I put anything in the bed I get that Cali lean. Would love to find a .75. I don’t think 1/2 inch is enough and 1” might be too much. Another member here used the motofab 1” and gained more than that after install. If that’s the case I think .75 would be perfect.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Same boat here.. I’m level but when I put anything in the bed I get that Cali lean. Would love to find a .75. I don’t think 1/2 inch is enough and 1” might be too much. Another member here used the motofab 1” and gained more than that after install. If that’s the case I think .75 would be perfect.

That’s what I heard as well. Apparently he got closer to 1.25” from his one inch spacer. Bad news is I’m still having a hard time finding even a .75” spacer meant for our Rams.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s what I heard as well. Apparently he got closer to 1.25” from his one inch spacer. Bad news is I’m still having a hard time finding even a .75” spacer meant for our Rams.

Same. where can I see this gladiator one?

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Same. where can I see this gladiator one?

Searching google for rear gladiator spring spacers returned quite a few results but honestly didn’t see much or look very hard because no one has really been able to confirm the gladiator spacer will work. On another forum a guy mentioned Rubicon springs are identical and that’s what he was using on his ram

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Searching google for rear gladiator spring spacers returned quite a few results but honestly didn’t see much or look very hard because no one has really been able to confirm the gladiator spacer will work. On another forum a guy mentioned Rubicon springs are identical and that’s what he was using on his ram
With that theory, couldn’t you match the Mopar numbers for the springs for the two vehicles?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve read the same. I was close to removing my brothers gladiator springs and trying them out one day lol

Users who are viewing this thread