5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Seats

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you fold the rear seats down to access the space behind them?
They do fold down. From the rear center console, reach behind the left seat and behind the seat cloth, up near the headrestn there is a pull string to release the catch. You have to fish around for it.

ReklessGhost

Reaction score
Is there any cabling or anything I should worry about not drilling into in the area immediately under the rear driver’s side seat? I want to mount a VHF/UHF radio under there but I am concerned about drilling through the carpet and hitting something important.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will going with On Board Air by converting a Sanden AC compressor and
mounting it to my EcoDiesel Engine. Then moving my Nathan Airchime
K5LA Train Horns over from my '08 Big Horn. There will also be Quick
Connect tool Ports in the Bed and Engine Compartments. Next time I get
it on the Lift, I will get the Measurements for the Air Tanks and Horn Placement.

Malodave

41magmag41

Reaction score
Is there any cabling or anything I should worry about not drilling into in the area immediately under the rear driver’s side seat? I want to mount a VHF/UHF radio under there but I am concerned about drilling through the carpet and hitting something important.
I would check with Ram on installing a radio that powerful without the proper shielding or installed by a pro. There are a lot of electronic modules, 26 I think, that would be affected by the radio when transmitting. Just a thought so you don't fry anything or void your warranty.

lost demon

Reaction score
Thank you all! I will be removing the seats soon and cutting off a bit of the metal piece to allow this to work. Since I have Etorque with a factory sub, hopefully I have the room to install a compressor.
if you have the two in floor storage compartments you could consider one of those locations.

Fidomac

Reaction score
How do you fold the rear seats down to access the space behind them?
There is an inboard cord on both back seats near the top to lower the seats...pull toward the middle and the seat will pop loose

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
There is an inboard cord on both back seats near the top to lower the seats...pull toward the middle and the seat will pop loose
That’s only if you have reclining rear seats. All others, have to remove the bolts abs do the mod

Users who are viewing this thread