5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear park assist with stop

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Just recently bought a 2019 Longhorn. I have a 20' driveway that I back the truck into. When I back into the driveway during the daytime, everything's fine. When I try to back into the driveway at nighttime, the park assist comes on and slams on the brakes. There is nothing behind the truck when I'm backing up. Does anyone know what can be causing this?

DM-SC

Reaction score
Others (myself included) have had the same issue.

I just gave up and turned off the braking portion in the settings.

I still get the warnings in the center display and audible alerts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

wwalljr

Reaction score
I turned off the stop part too. It’s not valuable. I don’t mind the alerts. But that stop feature is not for me.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as I wait for mine to be built and delivered, is there no "adjustment" within the uconnect?
my R/T allows me to adjust the sensitivity/distance level.

scared THE cr@p out of me the first time I was backing up and the vehicle slammed to a stop .. I thought for sure I ran into something.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear camera braking system is not quite ready for prime time if you ask me. My driveway is sloped, and at the end it levels out to the street. Every time it thinks I'm about to hit the asphalt. I turned off the braking feature because around here (I live in the mountains) everything appears to be an obstacle to the system. I've gotten used to it screaming at me that I'm about to hit the street or the ground :D

DM-SC

Reaction score
You can adjust the volume of the alerts.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
it's a faulty rear assist module. Mine would do this all the time and they replaced the module. Works like a charm now. I have tested it with objects and it works but doesn't "false" anymore. You guys should have them replace the module instead of turning it off.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it's a faulty rear assist module. Mine would do this all the time and they replaced the module. Works like a charm now. I have tested it with objects and it works but doesn't "false" anymore. You guys should have them replace the module instead of turning it off.
I guess I don't care enough to bother. I've made it 50 years without running someone or something over, I suspect I can make it a little further :)

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Do you have your paperwork showing that? I had one of my sensors replaced as the cause of this but still get some random stops here and there.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
It's definitely annoying. The only thing I can think of is going slowly while backing up the driveway .Maybe that'll help. It at first definitely will get your attention though.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Do you have your paperwork showing that? I had one of my sensors replaced as the cause of this but still get some random stops here and there.

Here it is. I just clipped out the part about the park assist since there was a bunch of other unrelated stuff. Also blacked out techs name

Attachments

• 886826C4-593A-48A5-81E9-E642862444F1.jpeg
    886826C4-593A-48A5-81E9-E642862444F1.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 73

smiles5619

Reaction score
After trying to back into my driveway one day and it detected the slop (I am guessing), it slammed the brakes on, in the middle of the road! Thank God no cars were coming. I turned the brake option off in Uncconect after that.

DM-SC

Reaction score
When it braked for this, twice, I turned off the braking.
63928955a4b195fb6a35148659b99bb0.jpg

Netmaster

Reaction score
I live in Florida where my driveway barely has a slope and the rear brake assist kicks on. So I also had to turn it off. My 17 Grand Cherokee with the same feature does not have this issue. The RAM is definitely more sensitive and needs re-calibration or something.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
1) If you drive slow enough when approaching these visual anomalies (where the computer is reading color contrast as an obstacle) it tends to not auto brake for me. 2) While backing up last night my dog ran behind the truck and it auto-braked even though I was barely moving. I'll take the bad with the good.

Cravenschild

Reaction score
1) If you drive slow enough when approaching these visual anomalies (where the computer is reading color contrast as an obstacle) it tends to not auto brake for me. 2) While backing up last night my dog ran behind the truck and it auto-braked even though I was barely moving. I'll take the bad with the good.

I have tried going slow, fast, and in between. Mine will still do it randomly. I was backing up in an empty parking lot at work and it jerked to a stop the moment I hit the gas after putting it in reverse. Might have to see if they will swap the module for it.

Firebird

Reaction score
I was backing slowly into a parking space, and there was one of those yellow poles behind me, the truck slammed on the brakes so hard, that I thought I had hit something, freaked me out! Jumped out of the truck and ran around back to see how much damage I did, truck was 6 feet from the post. Turned off the auto braking, and have never missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread