5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Heated & Ventilated Seat Connectors

FM45

Reaction score
If you are talking about the gray (10) and black (16) connectors --- they connect to the rear seats to power the heat/vent options...

-=FM45=-

brental1

Reaction score
If you are talking about the gray (10) and black (16) connectors --- they connect to the rear seats to power the heat/vent options...

-=FM45=-
Yes, the 10 and 16 pin connectors. I was asking, specifically WHAT do they plug in to. Doesn't seem they plug into the MODULE-SEAT COMFORT CONTROL-REAR. 4 connectors for it are C1, C2, C3 (5 pin connectors) and C4 is 8 pin.
Or, are there harnesses with branches that connect the 10 and 16 pin connectors to the four connectors for the module?

brental1

Reaction score
Here is my parts list the way you were sounding it’s like they were something else but if they are exactly like mine with same wires/connector they are heated and it possibly heated/vented. Mine is a 2022 so some of these parts might not be right for the 2020 just make sure you look at what it’ll fit and the description for your application.
Did you add the heat/vent to your rear seats? I just swapped a reclining rear seat into my truck. The recliner has heat pads; so not a lot to add to make it vented also. But, the seat seems to be well sealed. Wondering if I need to cut 'vents' for the blowers, or if there's enough leakage for cabin air to enter.

cjthompson206

Reaction score
Did you add the heat/vent to your rear seats? I just swapped a reclining rear seat into my truck. The recliner has heat pads; so not a lot to add to make it vented also. But, the seat seems to be well sealed. Wondering if I need to cut 'vents' for the blowers, or if there's enough leakage for cabin air to enter.
I decided to forego doing this mod. I was only going to add heated seats. Wasn't feeling taking the seats apart. I decided to work on adding the factory power running boards.

Best of luck!

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t done it yet we are getting ready for a move so I haven’t done a few projects I want yet for my truck but my seats already have the vent holes in them.

brental1

Reaction score
I haven’t done it yet we are getting ready for a move so I haven’t done a few projects I want yet for my truck but my seats already have the vent holes in them.
OK. Just to be clear, I'm not asking about the perforation in the leather. I'm asking about air inlet holes in the bottom and back of the seats (around the fans). If your seat have air inlet holes can you attach a picture so I can see how to modify mine? Thanks. Brent

JRD

Reaction score
Not to hijack your guys thread, but seeing the OP got me thinking. I already have heated seats in the rear, is there a possibility I can simply get cooling as well?

brental1

Reaction score
Not to hijack your guys thread, but seeing the OP got me thinking. I already have heated seats in the rear, is there a possibility I can simply get cooling as well?
You can get it--but not simply. There's an earlier post on the thread about the PNs required. You need 4 bags, 4 blowers; different switches (Heat and Vent) , probably a different controller, and probably need to add 2 wires to the harness.

brental1

Reaction score
I swapped leather, heated '20 seats into my 2022 BH. I'm slowly (and even more slowly now-with UAB striking Stellantis Service Parts) acquiring parts to add vented to the junkyard seats I have. I've received some of the parts. I can't figure out how to add the vent bags and blowers. It doesn't seem to be intuitive. Does any one have pics, drawings, or anything of how to install the bags and blowers?

brental1

Reaction score
It appears this is going to be tricky. I think I'll need to peel or cut the about 1/2" black foam (seat heater attached to it) away from the seat foam. The vent bag has adhesive on one side--the side with the vent holes. I can glue this to the underside of the black foam-once I have removed the black foam; hopefully without destroying it. But, there's no adhesive on the solid side of the bag. Guess I'll need to supply the adhesive to glue the bag to the seat foam. Will also need to cut some seat foam away where the blower connects to the bag. Anyone have a better way?

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 13

brental1

Reaction score
It appears this is going to be tricky. I think I'll need to peel or cut the about 1/2" black foam (seat heater attached to it) away from the seat foam. The vent bag has adhesive on one side--the side with the vent holes. I can glue this to the underside of the black foam-once I have removed the black foam; hopefully without destroying it. But, there's no adhesive on the solid side of the bag. Guess I'll need to supply the adhesive to glue the bag to the seat foam. Will also need to cut some seat foam away where the blower connects to the bag. Anyone have a better way?
BUMP. Anyone have input on how to do this?

Argolfer

Reaction score
I gained a 115 Volt and a 12 Volt (I think) connector in the front of the console; a 115 Volt, 2 rear heated seat switches, and a USB power connector in the back. No USB/data terminal for the rear; so think I'll have charging only--which is fine. The original harness in my truck was PN...72
After adding this console wiring harness and the switches were you able to make the rear seat heaters function? My truck already has the wiring harness to the rear seats. Did you have to add a module or have any codes updated on the BCM?

Thanks for the help.

brental1

Reaction score
After adding this console wiring harness and the switches were you able to make the rear seat heaters function? My truck already has the wiring harness to the rear seats. Did you have to add a module or have any codes updated on the BCM?

Thanks for the help.
I have not gotten that far. My truck does not have the harnesses that go to the gray (10) and black (16) connectors . So far, I haven't found anyone who can build these harnesses. I've not even found wiring diagrams for them. I have pinouts; but don't where the wires route and connect to. The donor seat I installed is heated only. So, I THINK I need a different module for heat and vent. I posted earlier about not knowing how to add the vent bags to my seat, I seems the bags install between the "hard" foam and the about 1/2" thick open cell foam. I don't know if I can safely peel the open cell foam away from the hard foam and insert te vent bags? And, based on other posts in this thread; there's a concern about whether the codes can even be flashed to the BCM on 2022. Some posters have said the option was deleted for 2022 so can't be flashed to the truck?

Last edited:

brental1

Reaction score
Ok, I didn't know about that site: but it sure would have been easier if I would have had a roadmap instead of "reverse engineering". Not sure I need it now-- I'm basically finished with what I intended to do; but I'll sure look into it. I guess my strategy was--I have a perfectly functioning brand new truck and I don't want to mess up anything, so I'll just add on. That said, as of today, I have working heated/vented seats, power passenger seat, and it appears the heated wheel will work as soon as I receive and install the clock spring. I'm also prewired for an inverter, and Memory function if I decide to implement it in the future.
I did receive and wire the clockspring. Heated/vented seats and heated steering wheel work. I did not need to flash anything. After I installed all the wires the hard buttons for heat/vent worked. I don't have soft buttons (without flashing); but I think I can live the rest of my life with just the hard buttons--probably prefer using them.

Users who are viewing this thread