5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear guidance LED light and AlfaOBD

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
How’s it going, I have 2 questions..

1st, what is power convex and what does it do that’s different on the 2500s? My 2021 1500 has tow mirrors from factory with 360 and not sure if I have that power convex or is it only with the HD that have it.

2nd, since my tow mirrors have rear guidance LEDs when activated from the cargo lamp button inside, is there a way to enable them to automatically turn on when on reverse through AlfaOBD?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Power convex is the ability to use the up/down/left/right mirror switch to adjust the convex mirror on the tow mirrors. There is a single switch in the door armrest forward of the master switch that toggles between which piece of glass the directional buttons control. It’s only available on the HDs, so the motor for them won’t be in the 1500 mirrors.
For the rear guidance lights, there’s no way to configure them to automatically come on in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread