5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bozknight55

Reaction score
Took my 2020 Ram 1500 limited in for a noise in the rear. Sounded like tire noise but new tires didn’t solve it.
Now almost a week later getting run around from dealer about time frames and warranty. Only 42000 on truck.
The run around has soured me from Ram despite having been a long time customer.
They are hinting that the rear end may need to be rebuilt. And now both manifolds need to be replaced. No one is stepping up to get this fixed or move forward. Could be weeks without vehicle.
I hate buying from dealer and service from dealers. And they know there is nothing we can do fight them or any recourse.
Over them. No truck for an undetermined future. So I’m stuck having to rent a vehicle because their factory didn’t assemble the rear end correctly.
And I am treated like they are doing me a favor. I’m my line of work mistakes aren’t an option. Be better Ram.
I’m getting it back and moving my business to someone else.

Any suggestions on how to get them to move forward? No one cares. They won’t answer text or return phone calls.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try contacting @RamCares on this forum (via private message).

For what it's worth, don't both of your issues fall under the powertrain warranty?

Bozknight55

Reaction score
Both of these issues do. But they are "needing approval from an Admin". Also got "we believe this is 98% covered by warranty.
This has been ongoing for days. Why wouldn't it be covered? These service advisors **** me off so much.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both of these issues do. But they are "needing approval from an Admin". Also got "we believe this is 98% covered by warranty.
This has been ongoing for days. Why wouldn't it be covered? These service advisors **** me off so much.
Gotta give them time to search their records for any excuse to deny coverage, then they’ll approve it. These things take time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have 42000 miles on the truck, it's not an assembly issue at the factory. As for having to get a rental, once it's approved for warranty, you can turn in your rental car invoice to RAM for reimbursement since the dealer is not providing a loaner or rental.

Bozknight55

Reaction score
So two weeks later still in the shop. Advisor says still working on the rear-end issue. I am losing all patience as it seems they could care less how long I am without a truck. They kind of have you because if you make a fuss it will just take longer.

Interestingly, I had the Ram shake at 60 mph since I had the truck. Replaced the factory tires and followed the threads on here. Then around 24000 miles had them do the differential service and oddly the shake at 60mph disappeared. It returned a bit this summer and then a noise appeared in the rear which I thought was tire cupping.
And now they are rebuilding my rear end. Just my experience

Users who are viewing this thread