5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear End Noise

theWaterboy9

Reaction score
Hello All, I bought my first RAM in January after owning a 2015 Silverado. It’s been great so far with the exception of a noise coming from the rear end.

It appears to be coming from the rear brakes. I’ve searched the forums and didn’t find a description or video of the noise that quite matches what I’m hearing on my truck.

The truck is a 2020 model and from what I can find the brake noise TSB is for 2019 DT models.

Check out the video below to hear the noise. Is this the brake moan or is it something else?

https://youtu.be/_X4EpO41cig

shorewood joe

Reaction score
Hello All, I bought my first RAM in January after owning a 2015 Silverado. It’s been great so far with the exception of a noise coming from the rear end.

It appears to be coming from the rear brakes. I’ve searched the forums and didn’t find a description or video of the noise that quite matches what I’m hearing on my truck.

The truck is a 2020 model and from what I can find the brake noise TSB is for 2019 DT models.

Check out the video below to hear the noise. Is this the brake moan or is it something else?

sounds like it's coming from your trans when your shifting into a gear could be wrong. but not the brakes as you are not moving when the noise starts.

theWaterboy9

Reaction score
From in the cab it sounds like it’s coming from much further back than the transmission. The brake is in the process of being released when the noise starts. There’s also an abrupt stop at 0:46 that makes a noise, so I suspect it is not the transmission.

I’ve also tightened the sway bar bushing and links. The all seem fine.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi @theWaterboy9 - Have you had a chance to address this with your dealer? If not, I recommend doing so as they are in the best position to provide further support. If you are interested in proceeding in this manner, I would be happy to look into this further for you to see if there are any associated TSBs. Please follow up with me via private message to provide your VIN when you can.

Mark
RamCares

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like it’s coming from the brakes , I’ve had Fords and GM’s that have done that too never did find out what was causing it .

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score

From the video it sounds like and looks like something is hitting the cover behind the brake disk. You should have it checked as soon as you can so as not to cause real damage. Good luck with it and post how you make out.

Users who are viewing this thread