5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear cab lights LED?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I think the 2018 F150 still has halogen tag lights even on the Limiteds

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just changed mine out with the Amazon ones in the link provided. Huge pet peeve gone! Please, if you love your family, if you love world peace, buy these.

kingkasc

Reaction score
Mod done. Must be one of the easiest and cheapest mods available (about 9 bucks).
Thanks to DOOWORK for the AMZ link.

Amazing how good it looks now. Like it should have been from the factory all along. Can't believe FCA would deck the whole truck in LEDs and cheap out on these three bulbs. No excuse.

Anyway, here are the before and after pics:

Thanks for posting this!

kingkasc

Reaction score
What amazon pry tool did you buy? link if possible. thanks

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
I just ordered some LEDs off amazon, should be here in a couple days. I noticed though today that one of the lights is out for me, yet no error on my dash. Are these lights even connected to the system to give you errors or do you think this so something I should get checked out? Regardless when the lights come in I'll plug them in and if they work then no problem... Just weird, I thought I would've gotten a error or something.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would definitely bring this up with the dealer. If it were my dealer I would be told they couldn’t replicate the problem. :(

RBRK

Reaction score
My amazon led bulbs flicker and pretty much don’t work now that it’s cold. These may not be good quality after all. One of my 3 didn’t work from the start, now the others are going bad.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My amazon led bulbs flicker and pretty much don’t work now that it’s cold. These may not be good quality after all. One of my 3 didn’t work from the start, now the others are going bad.
Not sure which ones you have.
These work great on my truck, for both brake & cargo. About $9 for a pack of four.

RBRK

Reaction score
That is the ones I have. How cold is it where you are? I ordered another set. Cheap for sure, but if they don't last when it's cold then I will have to buy something else.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That is the ones I have. How cold is it where you are? I ordered another set. Cheap for sure, but if they don't last when it's cold then I will have to buy something else.
Hasn't been that cold yet, but it's supposed to be in the mid thirties in a couple of days. I will update when that happens.

kretsebr

Reaction score
I have the same one Neurobit has and this morning temp was 15F degrees and they work great. I have to wait and see how long they will last with the cold.

Users who are viewing this thread