5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ragsram1500

Reaction score
So I bought a 2019 1500 and it came with a Rough country rear bumper that I do not enjoy. It’s matte black and starting to rust and I just wish it had the stock gloss black bumper when I bought it. I had the dealer “buy” a stock bumper to hopefully install before the truck was mine, but he said that it was the wrong bumper that came in/didn’t line up correctly when it arrived. And I gave up and just wanting the truck to come home. Is there a chance the owner before me installed the rough country bumper needed different brackets? And trying to reinstall a stock rear bumper on the wrong brackets is what occurred? Or did the dealer ship just not want to deal with my request. So my question is, would an after market rear require different brackets causing the stock not to fit. If not, what’s a good place to buy a stock rear bumper or even replica stock bumper to obtain that stock look again. Or I’ve even debated the idea of taking the rough country rear bumper to get color matched to maybe see if that is a better look than what it currently is. Let me know opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_9616.jpeg
    IMG_9616.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 9

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I have no idea about the mounting brackets, but the cheapest route I think would be to have the bumper taken off and rust taken care of properly and then painted to match and then sealed with several coats of clear coat as the bumper through use will get scuffed up.

BlueHemi1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought a 2019 1500 and it came with a Rough country rear bumper that I do not enjoy. It’s matte black and starting to rust and I just wish it had the stock gloss black bumper when I bought it. I had the dealer “buy” a stock bumper to hopefully install before the truck was mine, but he said that it was the wrong bumper that came in/didn’t line up correctly when it arrived. And I gave up and just wanting the truck to come home. Is there a chance the owner before me installed the rough country bumper needed different brackets? And trying to reinstall a stock rear bumper on the wrong brackets is what occurred? Or did the dealer ship just not want to deal with my request. So my question is, would an after market rear require different brackets causing the stock not to fit. If not, what’s a good place to buy a stock rear bumper or even replica stock bumper to obtain that stock look again. Or I’ve even debated the idea of taking the rough country rear bumper to get color matched to maybe see if that is a better look than what it currently is. Let me know opinions.
Should not have needed different brackets. The rear bumper is only held on with 8 smaller bolts. Which is why you can't use the bumper itself for towing,

As far as the Rough Country bumper, take it off and have it powder coated. Will be cheaper than painting, and hold up better.

Users who are viewing this thread