5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Bilsteins: is this normal?

mikerbahn

Reaction score
Hi folks. Just picked up a new 2019 Rebel. A couple of hundred miles in, and I finally decided to look underneath the truck.

Are the rear Bilsteins supposed to have that ring where it is (arrow in picture)? Both of my shocks are set up like this, so I would assume it is normal. Just looks out of place, or like the dirt boot should be attached.

I consider myself very proficient with the Google Machine; but I could not find a part # nor a solid picture reference for these shocks to make myself feel better. Thus, relying on smarter people than myself. (y)

Thanks for helping!

Attachments

• RAM_Shocks.jpg
    RAM_Shocks.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 221

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Not sure if it’s normal but I looked at my Rebel and it has the same ring.

590f2951ea18fa1a3ac811e9f16a4eda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Different shocks than I have but looks like it is intended to keep the dust-boot from going into the space between the shock and the reservoir.

Catrep

Reaction score
Hi folks. Just picked up a new 2019 Rebel. A couple of hundred miles in, and I finally decided to look underneath the truck.

Are the rear Bilsteins supposed to have that ring where it is (arrow in picture)? Both of my shocks are set up like this, so I would assume it is normal. Just looks out of place, or like the dirt boot should be attached.

I consider myself very proficient with the Google Machine; but I could not find a part # nor a solid picture reference for these shocks to make myself feel better. Thus, relying on smarter people than myself. (y)

Thanks for helping!
Mine look like your photo.

mikerbahn

Reaction score
Thanks for the diagram. If you click on part #23 and look at the zoomed-in view of the shock itself, you can clearly see the part in question. Makes me feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread