5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Bed Step Hitting Exhaust

jjam

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie 4x4 and installed the 82215289AH bed step but when it closes it hits the muffler. You can hear it and see the exhaust tip move when it closes. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I cannot install my bed step, it hits the resonator.

I'll have to delete the resonator, I guess.

:cautious:

Dave

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pretty common issue on these. Some guys have been able to adjust their exhaust enough to eliminate the interference. My last ram had this issue when I got it, and this one doesn't - go figure

jjam

Reaction score
Do they hit from the factory or just when you add them after?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Laramie 4x4 and installed the 82215289AH bed step but when it closes it hits the muffler. You can hear it and see the exhaust tip move when it closes. Has anyone else seen anything like this?
I just did my BigHorn with the 6'4" bed a few days ago and had no problems. Do you have the 5'7" bed by any chance? Might be closer quarters.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Do they hit from the factory or just when you add them after?
I don't know that there is any real rhyme or reason. Both of mine were factory order.

jjam

Reaction score
Ieah, I have about a 1/4 inch or more it just hits when you let close without slowing it down

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Trying to add mine on (did not come from factory installed).
:poop:

Dave

puba08

Reaction score
Mine hits all the time (from the factory). NBD. Deleting the resonators anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
On my previous tuck it started hitting after I installed a cut and clamp B2 Fabrications muffler. I was able to mostly adjust it out, but it would still barely touch when closing if I didn't close it slowly. I just learned to live with it.

Abesosa

Reaction score
I wasn’t even able to get mine to
Fit over the Magnaflow exhaust because that tailpipe is massive. So now I’m stuck with this bed step

2019 Ram 1500 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 with Off-Road Group and air ride
20% Cermanic Tint
USA Flag Decal on rear 5th Window
Xpel Door Edge and door handle Protection
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayfmfl

Reaction score
I have a 2020 RAM 1500 crew cab DT like yours. There is a very simple fix to it, cost me $20 at a local muffler shop. There is a rubber stop on it, and where it touches the metal when closing, that area needs the paint to grind off and ask the technician to weld a "blob " of welding to it, or a flat nut about an inch diameter, 1/4" thick. Case resolved. I had mine done today. So happy with the result.

jayfmfl

Reaction score
I cannot install my bed step, it hits the resonator.

I'll have to delete the resonator, I guess.

:cautious:

Dave
go to Lee County Exhaust off Fowler Street. ask for Mike or Rod, they know the fix. I had mine done today, with great results, doesn't hit my muffler anymore. so happy

Dewey

Reaction score
My bed step from the factory works perfectly fine with my GT exhaust and stock exhaust was good as well. Plenty of clearance.

juliomarcio2411

Reaction score
Eu tenho um DT de cabine dupla 2020 RAM 1500 como o seu. Há uma solução muito simples para isso, custou US $ 20 em uma loja local de silenciadores. Há um batente de borracha nele, e onde ele toca o metal ao fechar, essa área precisa que a tinta seja removida e peça ao técnico para soldar uma "bolha" de solda nele, ou uma porca plana com cerca de uma polegada de diâmetro, 1 / 4 "de espessura. Caso resolvido. Fiz o meu hoje. Estou muito feliz com o resultado.
Can you send a picture?

Users who are viewing this thread