5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear backup camera touchscreen button

Jcefus

Reaction score
Recently had 2 recalls completed & got my truck only to now find the BU camera is now red (see pic), but was not filled in before they completed a Uconnect upgrade. I was also able to touch the button (don’t recall what it did) and now it does nothing when I touch it. On another forum, someone suggested it changes with my themes but that doesn’t work either as I changed it to blue & orange and the touchscreen button remained red. I have set an appt for another recall & to have it looked at but can’t get in until the end of Oct. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 31

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Are you trying to press the backup camera button while the backup camera is active (like what you show in your picture)? If so, it shouldn't do anything since you're already looking at the backup camera.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you trying to press the backup camera button while the backup camera is active (like what you show in your picture)? If so, it shouldn't do anything since you're already looking at the backup camera.
Well, it's entirely possible that he's driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and about to get in an accident.

1694111877010.png

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Recently had 2 recalls completed & got my truck only to now find the BU camera is now red (see pic), but was not filled in before they completed a Uconnect upgrade. I was also able to touch the button (don’t recall what it did) and now it does nothing when I touch it. On another forum, someone suggested it changes with my themes but that doesn’t work either as I changed it to blue & orange and the touchscreen button remained red. I have set an appt for another recall & to have it looked at but can’t get in until the end of Oct. Any help would be appreciated.
All that red “button” does is indicates which camera view is currently showing on the screen. It’s not supposed to do anything when you press it. On your truck, you only have one selectable camera, and that is the rear view camera, which is what the red picture is indicating.
If you have surround view camera system, there would be more of those camera view soft keys, which you can press and they will switch to their respective views, but the one that is currently displayed will be highlighted:
IMG_5395.jpeg

Jcefus

Reaction score
Well, it's entirely possible that he's driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and about to get in an accident.

View attachment 166852
That’s it! Glad via this forum that I found out I was driving the wrong way down a one way street. Shew, thought something else was wrong.

Jcefus

Reaction score
All that red “button” does is indicates which camera view is currently showing on the screen. It’s not supposed to do anything when you press it. On your truck, you only have one selectable camera, and that is the rear view camera, which is what the red picture is indicating.
If you have surround view camera system, there would be more of those camera view soft keys, which you can press and they will switch to their respective views, but the one that is currently displayed will be highlighted:
View attachment 166853
That makes a bit more sense except the button wasn’t red before the Uconnect upgrade. Something new with the upgrade?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That makes a bit more sense except the button wasn’t red before the Uconnect upgrade. Something new with the upgrade?
Update probably just made it more bold

Users who are viewing this thread