5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 1.5” Leveling Kit and 305/45/22 Nitto Recon Grapplers

TyH2009

Reaction score
I looked your leveling system up and it appears to only be for the air ride. I have a 21’ Laramie night. I bought some MotoFab 1.5” levelers recently and don’t think they would have caused any issues, but I wonder if I get the 305s, would they cause problems?
That I’m not sure. I doubt it, but if so shouldn’t be too bad.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
Thank you!
How much did it run for the level? Got a quote from a shop for $1100 for kit with UCAs, install and alignment. Really thinking about doing it myself, but I think the kit and alignment will run me $650, might be worth $500 to not have to deal with it.

Lurts

Reaction score
How much did it run for the level? Got a quote from a shop for $1100 for kit with UCAs, install and alignment. Really thinking about doing it myself, but I think the kit and alignment will run me $650, might be worth $500 to not have to deal with it.
That’s about exactly what I paid.

Reaction score
Finally got it done yesterday! I do have some pretty bad rub on the drivers side at about 80% full lock. Need to dig deeper on it after the rain stops.

Attachments

• AB4A809A-F4FF-4BBB-A35E-91C9C8897C11.jpeg
    AB4A809A-F4FF-4BBB-A35E-91C9C8897C11.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 102

Lurts

Reaction score
How is the ride and noise compared to the OEM tires? I assume you had the Pirellis.

I have the same truck in Billet Silver (Night instead of Red).
I had the Goodyears, not Pirelli. Ride quality and noise are negligibly different. I did add Revel links to the rear to restore some rake, which I think improved ride quality.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I paid…. I think $425 w/ tax for the leveling kit, and paid $600 to have it installed, but that also included the tires, alignment, and them installing my 5” exhaust tips, which couldn’t have cost that much extra.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I had the Goodyears, not Pirelli. Ride quality and noise are negligibly different. I did add Revel links to the rear to restore some rake, which I think improved ride quality.
I agree with you, I think I would like 05.-0.75 inch of rake. I wonder why the installer just couldn't lower the front end with links. Is raising the back is the preferred method?

Lurts

Reaction score
I agree with you, I think I would like 05.-0.75 inch of rake. I wonder why the installer just couldn't lower the front end with links. Is raising the back is the preferred method?
I’m sure they could, though it would probably be an added expense for something you can easily do. Fortunately, the mechanism for the front and rear are inverse of one another, so the same link that lowers the front would raise the rear (longer link).

I originally planned on lowering the front a bit but when I contacted Revel and asked what they recommended, they said it would be better to raise the rear (though not for any particular reason), so that’s what I ended up doing.

If I needed another set of links now though I think I’d get them from Shifts and Grins as they look solid, they’re cheaper, and I’d like to support a forum member.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
Looks great man! I love that truck color and the Red edition is sick.

Reminds me of my truck with ReadyLift and 305/45s ;). Though I have Toyos instead of Nittos.

I did end up adding Revel links to my rear suspension to raise it about a 1/4” as I thought I had the tiniest bit of squat after the leveling kit was added.
Looks Great looking At this Exact Tire And size. How the ride change. They are XL load range? I want a taller tire but they must be E load range which scares me since they are to stiff 10ply

chepme

Reaction score
I’m sure they could, though it would probably be an added expense for something you can easily do. Fortunately, the mechanism for the front and rear are inverse of one another, so the same link that lowers the front would raise the rear (longer link).

I originally planned on lowering the front a bit but when I contacted Revel and asked what they recommended, they said it would be better to raise the rear (though not for any particular reason), so that’s what I ended up doing.

If I needed another set of links now though I think I’d get them from Shifts and Grins as they look solid, they’re cheaper, and I’d like to support a forum member.
Do you need links for both front and rear? Looks like Shifts and Grins only sells the fronts.

Lurts

Reaction score
Do you need links for both front and rear? Looks like Shifts and Grins only sells the fronts.
I’m not totally sure the answer to this. A longer link will raise the rear but lower the front, so it depends on how much adjustable range the Shifts and Grins links have.

I only used a longer link on the rear to raise it. The front has the ReadyLift spacer kit, but stock links.

BigJocko

Reaction score
Looks great man! I love that truck color and the Red edition is sick.

Reminds me of my truck with ReadyLift and 305/45s ;). Though I have Toyos instead of Nittos.

I did end up adding Revel links to my rear suspension to raise it about a 1/4” as I thought I had the tiniest bit of squat after the leveling kit was added.
Would you mind providing a few more pics? I'm going with the same setup and would like more visuals. The revel links on the rear wasn't something I was planning but I would like a little rake for the limited towing days I "need" it.

chepme

Reaction score
I’m not totally sure the answer to this. A longer link will raise the rear but lower the front, so it depends on how much adjustable range the Shifts and Grins links have.

I only used a longer link on the rear to raise it. The front has the ReadyLift spacer kit, but stock links.
I see. I'm just trying to put it all together. I have a similar truck to yours, actually just like this one
. Basically, I'd like to do exactly what he did, put my Nitto's Grapplers 35x12.5x22 on the stock 22" rims with no suspension upgrades.

Based on the video, he got the stock rims to fit with no issues, although he had to do little modification to prevent some rubbing.

Options I'm considering:
  1. ReadyLift 1.5" lift
    1. Economical option
    2. Gets me on the road quicker
    3. I'm just not sure if this upgrade will reduce ride comfort as you're not upgrading all suspension components in the front like a larger bore knuckle. How has your experience been?
  2. Full 4" BDS lift
    1. Not an economical option
    2. Provides full suspension upgrade as most components are upgraded. This upgrade should provide a desired lift while not losing stock ride comfort and air settings.
    3. Will support stock 22" w/35" tires easily and other 22" with different offset.
  3. As far as the link upgrades, would I even need them for either option? Fronts only or both?
Just not sure which option to go with.

Lurts

Reaction score
Would you mind providing a few more pics? I'm going with the same setup and would like more visuals. The revel links on the rear wasn't something I was planning but I would like a little rake for the limited towing days I "need" it.
If your primary purpose for adding the links is to aid towing, I don’t know that it would make that big of a difference since the truck is going to auto-level with the air suspension on its own when weight is added.

Lurts

Reaction score
I see. I'm just trying to put it all together. I have a similar truck to yours, actually just like this one
. Basically, I'd like to do exactly what he did, put my Nitto's Grapplers 35x12.5x22 on the stock 22" rims with no suspension upgrades.

Based on the video, he got the stock rims to fit with no issues, although he had to do little modification to prevent some rubbing.

Options I'm considering:
  1. ReadyLift 1.5" lift
    1. Economical option
    2. Gets me on the road quicker
    3. I'm just not sure if this upgrade will reduce ride comfort as you're not upgrading all suspension components in the front like a larger bore knuckle. How has your experience been?
  2. Full 4" BDS lift
    1. Not an economical option
    2. Provides full suspension upgrade as most components are upgraded. This upgrade should provide a desired lift while not losing stock ride comfort and air settings.
    3. Will support stock 22" w/35" tires easily and other 22" with different offset.
  3. As far as the link upgrades, would I even need them for either option? Fronts only or both?
Just not sure which option to go with.
Ride comfort with the ReadyLift kit is pretty unchanged to me. I haven’t ridden in a stock Limited since I did mine, so I don’t have side-by-side comparison, but I certainly didn’t say to myself that the ride went to $hit when I got the kit installed.

I have no knowledge or advice regarding the 4” kit.

Links are not required for either option. Think of them more as an additional add-on that you can use to fine tune your stance if you desire subtle changes.

chepme

Reaction score
Ride comfort with the ReadyLift kit is pretty unchanged to me. I haven’t ridden in a stock Limited since I did mine, so I don’t have side-by-side comparison, but I certainly didn’t say to myself that the ride went to $hit when I got the kit installed.

Links are not required for either option. Think of them more as an additional add-on that you can use to fine tune your stance if you desire subtle changes.
Thanks for the feedback. I went with the Ready Lift. I'll see how it goes and report back.

TyH2009

Reaction score

My dad has a stock limited and I would say mine rides a bit more firm, but I would not consider it bad.

Users who are viewing this thread