5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 1.5” Leveling Kit and 305/45/22 Nitto Recon Grapplers

TyH2009

Reaction score
Finally got my leveling kit and tires installed today.

Readylift 1.5” Leveling kit for Airride suspension
Nitto 305/45/22 Recon Grapplers

I haven’t noticed any rubbing on the inner fenders yet. The ride isn’t bad, it feels more planted to the road and a tad more firm. Not bad at all. I can tell with having 3.21’s it takes a tad more throttle to get going.

Also, not sure if these tires just aren’t that much taller than the stock tires, but I checked my speedometer with a GPS app on my phone and it’s almost dead on. GPS phone app might read a tad higher, but the truck is quick to match the next mph.

CD02A253-3004-4DAF-86D3-F593E78F3541.jpeg
3B677A72-2593-41C4-B983-46DA9B66BA59.jpeg

102C4EAA-BE84-4CAA-8BFC-F88E7F4BFBD3.jpeg DC1AAB15-93AA-4EC0-8DF0-B9A015D2ACAF.jpeg 90AC1FAF-F434-4F61-A85A-7308D6915CF5.jpeg
CAB0D743-7365-420F-8270-8654CCB4CFF8.jpeg

D218F32B-D21B-4583-98B4-8FF76A027E1B.jpeg

Av1

Reaction score
It came out great. I really like that color too.

Lurts

Reaction score
Looks great man! I love that truck color and the Red edition is sick.

Reminds me of my truck with ReadyLift and 305/45s ;). Though I have Toyos instead of Nittos.

I did end up adding Revel links to my rear suspension to raise it about a 1/4” as I thought I had the tiniest bit of squat after the leveling kit was added.

Attachments

• A80984ED-DBEA-4D99-8CD6-D0104F7B7280.jpeg
    A80984ED-DBEA-4D99-8CD6-D0104F7B7280.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 165

TyH2009

Reaction score
Looks great man! I love that truck color and the Red edition is sick.

Reminds me of my truck with ReadyLift and 305/45s ;). Though I have Toyos instead of Nittos.

I did end up adding Revel links to my rear suspension to raise it about a 1/4” as I thought I had the tiniest bit of squat after the leveling kit was added.
Thanks!

I did see your comment about that before I had them installed and it has me paranoid I’ll start thinking I’ll need to do that. Haha. How difficult are the rears to install/adjust to get that little of raise?

Lurts

Reaction score
I do feel like every truck is just a little different and yours may not have any squat. It doesn’t look like you do in the side picture. I felt like mine was most noticeable on certain surfaces though, not at all times.

But it took about 10 min to install, 8 of which was finding, opening, and pouring a beer. As someone who has never worked on vehicles, I found the install very simple.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I do feel like every truck is just a little different and yours may not have any squat. It doesn’t look like you do in the side picture. I felt like mine was most noticeable on certain surfaces though, not at all times.

But it took about 10 min to install, 8 of which was finding, opening, and pouring a beer. As someone who has never worked on vehicles, I found the install very simple.
Awesome, good to know Incase I think I end up wanting them.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If your phone was connected to your truck, the GPS app will match up with your speedometer. Disconnect your phone the next time you're out. Here's the error you should see.

Screenshot_20220806-061049_Chrome.jpg

TyH2009

Reaction score
If your phone was connected to your truck, the GPS app will match up with your speedometer. Disconnect your phone the next time you're out. Here's the error you should see.

View attachment 136291
I was connected via Bluetooth, but I don’t think the Speedo app I was using really “connects” to the truck per se, but I’ll try next time without any kind of connection.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was connected via Bluetooth, but I don’t think the Speedo app I was using really “connects” to the truck per se, but I’ll try next time without any kind of connection.

I haven't tried it myself, but others have reported that the app will use the speed information from your truck instead of the independent GPS speed. I'm not sure how that works. Most of the time you're only going to be ~1 mph off anyway.

TyH2009

Reaction score
I haven't tried it myself, but others have reported that the app will use the speed information from your truck instead of the independent GPS speed. I'm not sure how that works. Most of the time you're only going to be ~1 mph off anyway.
I think stock tires are like 32.2ish tall and these are like 32.80” tall, so not a huge difference and I don’t plan on keeping this truck much last 3-4 years and 40,000ish miles or so, so not a huge deal.

matthew0682

Reaction score

I haven’t noticed any rubbing on the inner fenders yet. The ride isn’t bad, it feels more planted to the road and a tad more firm. Not bad at all. I can tell with having 3.21’s it takes a tad more throttle to get going.

Also, not sure if these tires just aren’t that much taller than the stock tires, but I checked my speedometer with a GPS app on my phone and it’s almost dead on. GPS phone app might read a tad higher, but the truck is quick to match the next mph.

View attachment 136266
View attachment 136265

View attachment 136267 View attachment 136268 View attachment 136269
View attachment 136271

View attachment 136270

Reaction score
I really like the stance that yours has after doing the leveling kit. Not sure if my local shop is just lazy or not, but they refuse to work on trucks with Air ride suspension. Thinking I may have to just set aside some time, and do the install myself. No issues with any ride modes or anything like that afterwards?

Lurts

Reaction score
I really like the stance that yours has after doing the leveling kit. Not sure if my local shop is just lazy or not, but they refuse to work on trucks with Air ride suspension. Thinking I may have to just set aside some time, and do the install myself. No issues with any ride modes or anything like that afterwards?
Yeah that’s kinda odd. My shop was pretty unfazed when I discussed the air ride with them. Install took them a couple hours.

All 5 ride heights work without issue.

Reaction score
Son-of-a...Really frustrating that they are basically turning down money to do something that should be easy money. Guess I may just have to do the install myself. Thanks for the heads up! Waiting on my new rims and tires, then I may pull the trigger!

Reaction score
Scheduled for next Friday to install the leveling kit, HD Off-road Canyon 20x10's, and LT285/65R20 Recon Grapplers. I will post up some pics after it is done! Can't wait! Have to drive 45 minutes to go to a trusted shop to do it, but I am good with that.

Beavershu

Reaction score

View attachment 136266
View attachment 136265

View attachment 136267 View attachment 136268 View attachment 136269
View attachment 136271

View attachment 136270
Hey man, was your leveling kit only on the front? I love the stance and look you’ve achieved. Also, do you still like the tires? Any rubbing?

TyH2009

Reaction score
Hey man, was your leveling kit only on the front? I love the stance and look you’ve achieved. Also, do you still like the tires? Any rubbing?
Yessir, leveling kits are typically only the front as their purpose is to “level” out the truck as they sit rear high from the factory.

Yep I still like the tires, I’ll be curious how they are in snow though. Only minor gripe, I thought they’d be quieter on the highway, though I’ve never driven anything else with tires like this; so maybe these aren’t bad compared to other tires.

I didn’t have any rubbing.

Beavershu

Reaction score
Yessir, leveling kits are typically only the front as their purpose is to “level” out the truck as they sit rear high from the factory.

Yep I still like the tires, I’ll be curious how they are in snow though. Only minor gripe, I thought they’d be quieter on the highway, though I’ve never driven anything else with tires like this; so maybe these aren’t bad compared to other tires.

I didn’t have any rubbing.
I looked your leveling system up and it appears to only be for the air ride. I have a 21’ Laramie night. I bought some MotoFab 1.5” levelers recently and don’t think they would have caused any issues, but I wonder if I get the 305s, would they cause problems?

Users who are viewing this thread