5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready lift help

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Hey guys need help here. Any advice appreciate. I got a readylift 3.5 installed on my Ram. The front passenger CV joint is now blown and needs to be replaced. The dealer is blaming the lift for the issue. The mechanic at the dealer said when the front tire reaches full extension the upper control arm is making contact causing the issue. Both the dealer mechanic and the mechanic who installed the lift have said that the lower control arm needs a drop to correct the issue of the angle of the CV. Ready lift claims they do not have this issue and therefore do not make a drop. I tried rough country and they said the same.

What do I do now?

Zstreet86

Reaction score
Sounds like you replace and go back to stock or mopar 2" kit, or replace and risk it blowing again.

XDBrad

Reaction score
The mechanic at the dealer said when the front tire reaches full extension the upper control arm is making contact causing the issue. Both the dealer mechanic and the mechanic who installed the lift have said that the lower control arm needs a drop to correct the issue of the angle of the CV.

I don’t have the 3.5” but have to ask if the UCA contacting the CV is even possible and further question their statement about lowering the LCA to correct the problem, that would require a differential drop much like the Toyota’s use. I can see where not having a differential drop can cause the boots on the CV to constantly rub on itself causing premature wear and blow out but I wouldn’t think this soon. Too many folks here running the lifts with no issue for this to make sense.

Is it possible that when the mechanic who installed the lift pinched the CV boot when he pulled the hub away from the axle causing it to blow?

Bigcountry

Reaction score
This is what readylift is saying

Attachments

• 24534D88-6CC2-4053-BB4E-1789115AC548.jpeg
    24534D88-6CC2-4053-BB4E-1789115AC548.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 76

Rebel13

Reaction score
May I ask what your measurement from center of wheel to fender is with the 3.5" sst lift. I have a 19 rebel with orp and am sitting 26" all 4 corners. I spoke to ready lift and they said it should measure 25.5"with the preload and top hat installed

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Spoke with ready lift and they asked the same thing. Measured it to about 25.5 which they said was in acceptable margins. Ended up taking it to a third party mechanic and they looked at it. Thought the angles were all fine. They ended up cleaning all the grease off the boot and found a cut. They believe the mechanic who installed it cut the boot accidentally. Spoke to the installer, he ordered the parts, and replaced the CV two days later. So I’m back up and running and should be good to go. Still going to keep an eye on it. Might swap the kit out when BDS comes out with a 4in lift. I want to be able to take it on some easy trails and not have to worry about ready lifts “not for off-roading”.

Attachments

• FBA24AE2-EA62-42D3-856C-3525B7E95DFC.jpeg
    FBA24AE2-EA62-42D3-856C-3525B7E95DFC.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39

Rebel13

Reaction score
Thanks! Mine goes in today for another look. Will post info when I get it

Rebel13

Reaction score
Between ready lift and my mechanic who both had multiple looks at the truck said although angles are a bit steeper than stock I should be fine running the whole kit. Had a look at my 17 that is still on the lot at dealership and had 4" lift in that. Angles on the old truck are way way way sharper than this new one. Told me I'm the Guinea pic lol

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no issues with my Readylift kit beside the ride being a little bumpier with the 35's on there

Users who are viewing this thread