5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RC calibrator

Iltoys

Reaction score
Who has bought the RC calibrator 90019
Is it worth it and does it work. Kinda annoyed with the wrong reading since the 35" tires installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210703_054526_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210703_054526_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 17

Rambro1776

Reaction score
I have one. However, in my experience, it takes a bit to adjust. I have 34.5” tires and after install, I was about 6mph over at 75mph. Now After adjustment, I’m 2-3mph slow at 75. It works, if you find the right tire dimensions. Download a GPS speed tracking app that’s reputable, then start your calibration journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iltoys

Reaction score
Doesn't sound too accurate? It's not just put in your tire size and viola done?

Dr. Cheeseburger

Reaction score
I was looking into this as well. But I want to know if it counts as a "tune" on your ECU and if you could be denied warranty work because of it

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Not for me it wasn't. It works just fine once you get it adjusted correctly. But just choosing the tire size did not work. I went to a 33.5" tire from the OE 32" and the correct setting on the calibrator was 31.5" IIRC.

Rambro1776

Reaction score

I think wheel options (rotational mass) has more to do with adjustment than the tire dimensions. I still recommend the product and it’ll likely save you some speeding tickets in my opinion.

Rambro1776

Reaction score
Not for me it wasn't. It works just fine once you get it adjusted correctly. But just choosing the tire size did not work. I went to a 33.5" tire from the OE 32" and the correct setting on the calibrator was 31.5" IIRC.

Good to note!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Who has bought the RC calibrator 90019
Is it worth it and does it work. Kinda annoyed with the wrong reading since the 35" tires installed
The 35's aren't really 35's and once you put them on the truck the "rolling" diameter is even smaller. You need to know the revolutions per mile from the tire manufacturer and from that you can calculate the true tire size

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online