5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RBP Stealth Power Running Boards

Kevinc13

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the RBP Stealth power steps. I was looking to buy the AMP Extreme power steps, but the RBP appear to have all of the same features at the price of the regular AMP steps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Prodat

Reaction score
Also interested in RBP power running boards.

On mutiply forums I see only Mopar and AMP research power running boards.

Someone all installed these and will share information ?

ObviousFU

Reaction score
I have them.
dde63fef530fc43413a61c024b28510f.jpg
de56b9a4d66dd06b1c76a0b20d0df13a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do these have different features than the stock power running boards? Some with additional puddle lights would be very cool especially if you could make them LED with different color choices that only come on when deployed or when you choose to have them turned on.

ObviousFU

Reaction score
They come with 4 led pods one under each door. Imagine you could change them to any led that you prefer. Uses magnets to activate the bords. Simple install, only pain part is removing B post trim to run the wires.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They come with 4 led pods one under each door. Imagine you could change them to any led that you prefer. Uses magnets to activate the bords. Simple install, only pain part is removing B post trim to run the wires.

Any pictures of the lights on and how they operate (When deployed only)?

ObviousFU

Reaction score
Lights come on when deployed. I will have to take some when it gets dark.

Prodat

Reaction score
Looks very clean, what about the magnets at all 4 doors ? All good quality ?

At the moment they are sold out unfortunately, but will buy these, saw that the running board kit is including LEDs.

So main difference with oem power running boards is that they can't deploy via uconnect, cheaper and set is more complete ( with leds and so on )

I have a bighorn, no idea if oem power running boards can be installed and used via uconnect because it's no standard equipment on the bighorn ?

GunnyZXR

Reaction score
When they are in the stowed position, can you adjust that gap between the boards and the truck. That gap in the second picture looks kinda funky.

ObviousFU

Reaction score
Ypu can adjust the stowed position, I lowered them a bit. The arms on the motor was hitting the pinch seam. I also have 6" lift.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like the great visibility the lights give to step in or out. I think I am going to install some leds with the OEM power running boards. Has anyone done this and if so is there power that can be tapped into on the stock power running boards?

Alec1500

Reaction score
I just installed these boards on my 2019 1500 Laramie. They seem to be very loud when retracting. Almost a grinding sound when the motors get to the stowed position. Now the instructions showed for the motors are on outside of the pivot arms. For example, the driver’s side the front mount motor will be towards the front and the rear mount motor will be towards the back. However, the motor mounts themselves have the position stamped on the arms. With using the stamps on the arms, all the motors are forwards, meaning to the left of the arms looking at the driver side door. Which is it? Motors out or motors foward?

ObviousFU

Reaction score
I just installed these boards on my 2019 1500 Laramie. They seem to be very loud when retracting. Almost a grinding sound when the motors get to the stowed position. Now the instructions showed for the motors are on outside of the pivot arms. For example, the driver’s side the front mount motor will be towards the front and the rear mount motor will be towards the back. However, the motor mounts themselves have the position stamped on the arms. With using the stamps on the arms, all the motors are forwards, meaning to the left of the arms looking at the driver side door. Which is it? Motors out or motors foward?
My motors face forward, installed as stamped on the arms.

Reaction score

I just installed mine last week too. I thought it was just me, those things are loud when they retract. The electronic motor whine is fine, but the "clanking" or "banging" noise is loud, especially in the cab. Were you able to figure out what it was? I can't see anywhere where they might be hitting the truck itself.

Users who are viewing this thread