5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RBP Stealth Power Running Boards

DivrGuy

Reaction score
I just installed mine last week too. I thought it was just me, those things are loud when they retract. The electronic motor whine is fine, but the "clanking" or "banging" noise is loud, especially in the cab. Were you able to figure out what it was? I can't see anywhere where they might be hitting the truck itself.
I know I’m late to the party here. I haven’t been active on the forum for a long time. But I have the RBP boards too, and they are annoyingly loud when they retract. They make a loud BRRUMP when they first start moving. The arms that the boards attach to seem to be loose on motor, but everything is tight. I put a 1/4” thick piece of rubber between the motor and the body of the truck and it helped a little, but it’s still bad. They are so loud that when someone rides in it for the first time, they look at me in shock and ask “What was that??!! Did we hit something?” I recently rode in a friends Ford with power boards and they were barely noticeable. I would NOT recommend these boards because of the noise.

Reaction score
I know I’m late to the party here. I haven’t been active on the forum for a long time. But I have the RBP boards too, and they are annoyingly loud when they retract. They make a loud BRRUMP when they first start moving. The arms that the boards attach to seem to be loose on motor, but everything is tight. I put a 1/4” thick piece of rubber between the motor and the body of the truck and it helped a little, but it’s still bad. They are so loud that when someone rides in it for the first time, they look at me in shock and ask “What was that??!! Did we hit something?” I recently rode in a friends Ford with power boards and they were barely noticeable. I would NOT recommend these boards because of the noise.

Unfortunately, it seems like that’s just how they are. I even called RBP twice. The first time the guy tried to help, the second time a different guy basically said there’s nothing wrong w it, that’s how they are. Unsatisfactory customer service, but honestly, I’ve gotten used to it over time. I barely notice it anymore.
But I agree, look elsewhere if you’re thinking about purchasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread