5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rays Gram Lights 57DR-X

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't love about my 2020 Limited was the wheels and tires. I replaced them today with Rays Gram Lights 57DR-X wheels, in 18x9 +0, and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires, in 275 65 18. I'm very happy with how they look and drive.

PXL_20220907_215039062.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only thing I didn't love about my 2020 Limited was the wheels and tires. I replaced them today with Rays Gram Lights 58DR-X wheels, in 18x9 +0, and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires, in 275 65 18. I'm very happy with how they look and drive.

View attachment 138690

Cheers
Looks good. But, I would have gone with a larger tire to fill the wheel well more and give it a better look.

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
Looks good. But, I would have gone with a larger tire to fill the wheel well more and give it a better look.
This is the largest size they offer the Discoverer AT3 4S for 18" wheels. Any larger than this would have been an LT tire, which I have no interest in.

Cheers

Last edited:

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
Update to this. The wheel weights installed towards the back of the barrel were contacting the brake calipers on the front wheels. I did a few things to alleviate this. The first was to shave down the casting marks on top of the calipers

PXL_20230210_185021314_2.jpg

PXL_20230210_190057980.jpg

I also had my tire shop replace the weights they used with low profile wheel weights that were also black to more closely match the color of the rims

CK Auto Low Profile Black Wheel Weights, 1/4 Oz
CK Auto Low Profile Black Wheel Weights, 1/2 Oz

Doing both of those things allowed enough clearance and the truck now drives more smoothly than ever

Cheers

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What wheel weights were they using?

I only ever have the ones you linked on any of my cars\trucks tires.

Wonder if they were trying to use the crappy cheap clip ons.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Needs lowering or bigger tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
What wheel weights were they using?

I only ever have the ones you linked on any of my cars\trucks tires.

Wonder if they were trying to use the crappy cheap clip ons.

They were using stick-on weights that were one or two millimeters thicker than the ones that I supplied.

Cheers

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like your wheel choice! I'm thinking about going with Level 8 MK6, same size. How do your tires sit in relation to the fender flares?

Av1

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't love about my 2020 Limited was the wheels and tires. I replaced them today with Rays Gram Lights 58DR-X wheels, in 18x9 +0, and Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S tires, in 275 65 18. I'm very happy with how they look and drive.

View attachment 138690

Cheers

Those are good looking wheels, for sure. :cool:

familywagon

Reaction score
Now If Volk would makes some TE’s in our bolt pattern like they do for Toyota I’d be sold.

skylineguv

Reaction score
Now If Volk would makes some TE’s in our bolt pattern like they do for Toyota I’d be sold.
They do. Various models of the TE are available in 6x139.7 PCD, with 18" and 20" options having some ok widths/offsets, and 22" as well with a weak(ish) offset).
I would have gone down the road of 20x9.5 +0 in the Ultra Large PCD if the wait time had been a little more practical. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience anymore so ordered some 2 piece forged wheels instead.

familywagon

Reaction score
They do. Various models of the TE are available in 6x139.7 PCD, with 18" and 20" options having some ok widths/offsets, and 22" as well with a weak(ish) offset).
I would have gone down the road of 20x9.5 +0 in the Ultra Large PCD if the wait time had been a little more practical. Unfortunately, I don't have the patience anymore so ordered some 2 piece forged wheels instead.
Oh no. This is a very bad thing yet amazing also. My wife’s going to hate me. Googling it now. Thank you!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the style of rim, but man am I ever so envious about all the tire sidewall while i'm rocking my OEM 22s.
I have only ever bought aftermarket rims once for my 06 Mustang from Town Fare Tire so they worried about the fit. I feel like I would have bad luck if I tried to get new rims on my Ram with air suspension. I don't want to do any "trimming".
I don't dislike the way the OEM wheels look, but they are just too big, 22s is kind of silly on a truck

familywagon

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the style of rim, but man am I ever so envious about all the tire sidewall while i'm rocking my OEM 22s.
I have only ever bought aftermarket rims once for my 06 Mustang from Town Fare Tire so they worried about the fit. I feel like I would have bad luck if I tried to get new rims on my Ram with air suspension. I don't want to do any "trimming".
I don't dislike the way the OEM wheels look, but they are just too big, 22s is kind of silly on a truck
I’d be up to a swap of my chrome 20s and tires. I have 850 miles on them. Located in northern va. Not sure where you are

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
I thought about a set of Volk TE37SB rims but the Gram Lights 57DR-X are very similar visually, nearly as strong, and less than half the price from the same manufacturer.

I love this style of wheel, that's why I bought them, but I agree with you about the factory 22s. The extra sidewall is exactly why I went with a set of 18s, even if they took a few minutes of clearancing to fit properly.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread