5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle behind or under steering wheel

Alex2014

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2019 ram 1500 with a rattle in bumps behind the steering wheel. I don’t know how to find I think is behind the steering wheel. I visit the dealer but the technician don’t find we’re is coming. The steering work fine with no vibration but when I turn complete to the right is a grinding noise coming from the steering area.Turn complete to left side it’s ok. Please help me because I don’t know what to do.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have a 2019 ram 1500 with a rattle in bumps behind the steering wheel. I don’t know how to find I think is behind the steering wheel. I visit the dealer but the technician don’t find we’re is coming. The steering work fine with no vibration but when I turn complete to the right is a grinding noise coming from the steering area.Turn complete to left side it’s ok. Please help me because I don’t know what to do.
Did the technicial observe the rattle you're talking about on a test drive?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029228 miles.

Alex2014

Reaction score
Did the technicial observe the rattle you're talking about on a test drive?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 029228 miles.
Yes!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello Alex2014,
As the Customer Care Team, we rely on the diagnosis of the dealer. If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle, we recommend visiting a second dealer for another opinion. In the event that you do visit another dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance.
Laura
RamCares

Beddow05

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved ? I have the same issue and I’m looking for hell as well.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved ? I have the same issue and I’m looking for hell as well.

Hi @Beddow05 - I just followed up with you on another thread but wanted to touch base with you here as well. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM!

Mark
RamCares

Beddow05

Reaction score
Did anyone ever get the answer? I have the same issue, clock spring?
I don’t think it’s the clock spring. It comes from the shaft that enters the firewall. I’m going to take mine back to the shop I will keep you posted.

Alex2014

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the clock spring. It comes from the shaft that enters the firewall. I’m going to take mine back to the shop I will keep you posted.
Hi, The technician replace the front sway bars but do not fix the problem. I tell him that the noise I hear I think is coming from the shaft but do not find nothing. 2 days in dealer. Please can you help me?

Fdnyant2

Reaction score
Any fix in this I have the same problem and it’s driving me crazy... just got it back from the dealer they said they can’t duplicate the problem as soon as I left it happens again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread