5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate my Limited Build before I proceed -

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like a good build. If you're not towing good idea to get 3.21 gears...im right there with you on the sunroof. Ive seen mixed reviews on the ram boxes some people like them some hate them. Biggest question for you is the 5'7 bed vs. 6'4 bed. I think many people here will tell you get the 6'4 Bed...For me the 6'4 bed for some reason didn't look right on the ram so I chose the 5'7 Bed.
Agree on all but the bed. Make sure you measure where you are parking, I have the 5’7 inside a newer home garage and have maybe 3” clearance front to back.

Attachments

• A09C7AE8-22E7-40A9-AB01-7CC1684D677F.jpeg
    A09C7AE8-22E7-40A9-AB01-7CC1684D677F.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 8

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would you consider the eco diesel, this is my third Ram, my first was a 1996 second generation Ram, my second was a 2011 fourth generation Ram and now my 2020 Ram Rebel fifth generation with the eco diesel and Ramboxes and all the options but the split tailgate and air suspension. All I can say is wow about this new truck, they have come a long way since my second generation Ram. What impresses me the most is the fuel efficiency. I also really like the Ram boxes, I keep my tool box, the trailer hitches, ratchet straps, gloves, air compressor..... all that stuff was either under the rear seat or sliding around the truck bed unless you managed to strap it down.
I did not order this truck but my name did go onto the window sticker because I put a deposit on it before it hit the production line. If I had ordered the truck I would have chosen the larger tank. I really like the look of the Rebel but the Rebel only comes with the 3.92 rear differential, I would have preferred the 3.21, only comes with a 5’7” box, I would have preferred the 6’4” box, and it comes with Duratrac tires, I would have preferred less aggressive tires.
You are in the best position, you can order what you want, your ordering the Limited, that is a awesome truck, it comes with so many options. You are now able to choose the engine, the bed length, the tires, the axle ratio, suspension, the off road pkg.....this is all up to you, and the choices you make should reflect what you are using the truck for and what you like, not what I like or what someone else likes. My advise is, build the truck that you want online, then go look at the trucks in person, you will have to look at several trucks to see the different options, try a truck that has the engine, the suspension (air ride or coil) and the axle ratio of your choice to give you a good idea of what to expect.

Be sure to post your new ride choice and please include all the options you got.

emings

Reaction score
Agree on all but the bed. Make sure you measure where you are parking, I have the 5’7 inside a newer home garage and have maybe 3” clearance front to back.
I think most people on here prefer the 6'4 bed...my truck has the 5'7 bed and it doesn't bother me in the least.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I prefer 3.92s, i currently have 3.21s and get poor around town mpg.
I would also get sunroof. And I prefer ramboxes over multifunction tailgate. I am partial to 5'7 box.

Evsdog

Reaction score
I prefer 3.92s, i currently have 3.21s and get poor around town mpg.
I would also get sunroof. And I prefer ramboxes over multifunction tailgate. I am partial to 5'7 box.
I just picked up my 2021 Limited 5.7L Etorque last Monday and ❤️Everything I got:
Maximum Steel matalic
Indego/Frost seats (wife loves)
Panoramic Sunroof (wife loves)
Off Rd. Pkg.
33 Gal. Tank
Rambox
MFTailgate
Technology Pkg. (w/LCD rear view cam!)
Trailer pkg.
3.92 gears
Bed utility group
5’7” bed
100K extended warranty (price of mind)
Happy Wife Happy Life!
❤️Ramboxs-holds all my stuff-tow straps, jumper cables, air pump, extra clothes etc.

Last edited:

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Color matched bumpers?

I like the indigo frost interior but with work I am sure it will be jean stained or dirt stained.

Gitter

Reaction score
If you plan to tow, I'd get the 3.92 gears. I was on the fence about it, but now that I have it, I'm super glad the truck I found had it The lower 1st gear allows you to move the trailer in finer increments...not to mention the quicker acceleration is certainly worth it. :)

One thing I didn't get (that I was also hoping to get) was the 33 gal tank. I have eTorque (which I actually like so far), so I also have the smaller 23 gal tank. During everyday driving, the 23 gal tank is fine, but when towing, it's not nearly big enough.

Evsdog

Reaction score
Yes on color matched bumpers. I Picked up a nice roll up quick attach seat cover on Amazon for $29 for those work/hunt dirty man pants days!. Used it this past weekend after my hunt. Also treated the entire inside w/stain/waterproof good leather treatment. Cost me $13 and some time/elbow grease (no pun intended )

Users who are viewing this thread