5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate my Limited Build before I proceed -

AK103

Reaction score
Just thought I'd bounce my build off you guys and see what you think before placing the order.
Anything you'd change, if so ... why?

2021 Limited -
In Diamond Black Crystal
5.7 - Hemi (No etorque)
Anti-spin diff
3.21 gears (I won't be doing much towing if at all, more concerned with MPG)
33 Gallon tank
Limited 1
Night Edition
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Multi Fuction Tailgate
Trailer Park Control

I did not go with the sunroof as I have no interest in it, nor will I ever use it.
Etorque does not interest me.
Though I do like the idea of ram boxes, I do not like the issues they have with warping - which I don't think has been addressed. Nor the smaller bed space.

emings

Reaction score
Just thought I'd bounce my build off you guys and see what you think before placing the order.

2021 Limited -
In Diamond Black Crystal
5.7 - Hemi (No etorque)
Anti-spin diff
33 Gallon tank
Limited 1
Night Edition
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Multi Fuction Tailgate
Trailer Park Control

I did not go with the sunroof as I have no interest in it, nor will I ever use it.
Though I do like the idea of ram boxes, I do not like the issues they have with warping - which I don't think has been addressed. Nor the smaller bed space.

Looks like a good build. If you're not towing good idea to get 3.21 gears...im right there with you on the sunroof. Ive seen mixed reviews on the ram boxes some people like them some hate them. Biggest question for you is the 5'7 bed vs. 6'4 bed. I think many people here will tell you get the 6'4 Bed...For me the 6'4 bed for some reason didn't look right on the ram so I chose the 5'7 Bed.

CJR28

Reaction score

2021 Limited -
In Diamond Black Crystal
5.7 - Hemi (No etorque)
Anti-spin diff
33 Gallon tank
Limited 1
Night Edition
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Multi Fuction Tailgate
Trailer Park Control

If you plan on going with larger tires in the future the 3.92s tend to be better according to some. And I highly reccomend the ramboxes, my truck has a very slight gap on the passenger side but not too noticable. Alot of other trucks I have checked out lately seem to be fine. But I highly reccomend the ramboxes, they are very useful for storage and only used the space surrounding the wheel well and really dont affect usable bed space

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If one of your concerns is fuel mileage, keep in mind Limiteds are heavy. The EPA mileage estimates are based on a 2wd Tradesman

Rexx

Reaction score
Ram boxes are amazing. I am on my 2nd Ram with them and I would not buy a Ram without them. I think the warping issues are a bit overblown. Mine have some very slightly warping but unless you’re really paying attention you wouldn’t notice. And their connivence and utility more than make up for it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ram boxes are amazing. I am on my 2nd Ram with them and I would not buy a Ram without them. I think the warping issues are a bit overblown. Mine have some very slightly warping but unless you’re really paying attention you wouldn’t notice. And their connivence and utility more than make up for it.
Agreed. Mine is an early build, so Ramboxes were not available when I bought my Limited in June 2018, but if I were to get another RAM truck, it would def have them. They seem super convenient and practical.

Cheers,

BNeal

Reaction score
Looks like a great build. The only thing I would add are the Ram boxes, but that is personal preference. I agree with you on the moon-roof. I have it on my '21 Limited and never use it.

Cochise

Reaction score
Nice build, very similar to my build. Except I added the Etorque, 3.92, and sunroof. I did not go with Rambox for the same reasons as you, and I just don't like how they look.

AK103

Reaction score
Though I like the idea of Ram boxes, we get absurdly hot days here in Florida with the beating sun. They won't last a year here without warping heavily.
On top of that, I'm limited to what I can put in there due to how hot it gets here.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Though I like the idea of Ram boxes, we get absurdly hot days here in Florida with the beating sun. They won't last a year here without warping heavily.
On top of that, I'm limited to what I can put in there due to how hot it gets here.
You can put anything in there you'd store in the cab. I do have some warping a year and a half in, parked outside everyday. That said I'd still get them. Have the sunroof but never use it. Should have saved the $.

baumann6

Reaction score
I wouldn’t get a sunroof on my next truck don’t like how hot it is when driving on a hot summer day even with the cover closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I wouldn’t get a sunroof on my next truck don’t like how hot it is when driving on a hot summer day even with the cover closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering if anyone tints the Sunroof? Feels like it would help for keeping the temperature cool.

AK103

Reaction score
You can put anything in there you'd store in the cab. I do have some warping a year and a half in, parked outside everyday. That said I'd still get them. Have the sunroof but never use it. Should have saved the $.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting groceries nor my laptop in there in 90+ degree weather.

U

User_3336

Good build, I'd just go with the 3.92 gear ratio for the extra $95.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not bad at all.

As others said, if you ever plan on changing tire sizes to large ones, 3.92s would be better. 3.21s will still do the job, but with bigger tires, you're not going for MPG anyway.
If no plans on tire size changes, then 3.21s will get you better highway MPG. Around town, not really a difference.

The Ramboxes don't really make the bed that much smaller, as they just eliminate the bed space around the wheel wells.
My advice... if you don't do Ramboxes, go for the 6.4' bed. If they offered Ramboxes on a 6.4' bed, I would have gone for it myself. Ramboxes are more important to me.

BowDown

Reaction score
If one of your concerns is fuel mileage, keep in mind Limiteds are heavy. The EPA mileage estimates are based on a 2wd Tradesman

He'll be fine, my Limited with 3.21 is averaging 17.5-18 mostly in the city. I'm going 410-420 miles on 23 gallons at fillup

BowDown

Reaction score

2021 Limited -
In Diamond Black Crystal
5.7 - Hemi (No etorque)
Anti-spin diff
33 Gallon tank
Limited 1
Night Edition
Tech Group
Bed Utility Group
Multi Fuction Tailgate
Trailer Park Control

Similar build but with eTorque and sunroof., couldn't find the MFT.
I debated on the Ramboxes but all the warped lid threads scared me off

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I buy what I want and what I need. I don't give a hoot what others think. I generally "X" most of the the available boxes, anyway. Ramboxes are something I'd never use. If I could order a rear sliding window delete I would. Never use that either. I do use the pano-roof quite a bit.

AK103

Reaction score
I buy what I want and what I need. I don't give a hoot what others think. I generally "X" most of the the available boxes, anyway. Ramboxes are something I'd never use. If I could order a rear sliding window delete I would. Never use that either. I do use the pano-roof quite a bit.

I mean at the end of the day yes. But regardless, I love hearing others opinion/usage - those opinions actually helped me decide on what options I would get.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would still spend the $95 and go with 3.92 even if you don’t tow it’s worth spending the money now. The minor lose in mpg and I do say minor versus 3.21 is negligible plus gives the truck better acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread