5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raptor Liner

Mhorton814

Reaction score
So I know there is a bunch of Raptor Liner information out there and I’ve read good things. I ordered the 4L kit with spray gun. Now I’m wondering if 4L will be enough. Should I have gone with the 6L kit? I have a 2019 BigHorn Crew Cab with a 5’7” bed. Any leftovers I was planning on doing my wheel wells.

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
So I know there is a bunch of Raptor Liner information out there and I’ve read good things. I ordered the 4L kit with spray gun. Now I’m wondering if 4L will be enough. Should I have gone with the 6L kit? I have a 2019 BigHorn Crew Cab with a 5’7” bed. Any leftovers I was planning on doing my wheel wells.
Yes the 4L kit is enough. I used 2.5-3L to get even coverage throughout my bed 2 coats. Then used the remainder of my 4L kit For a third layer on the bed floor. Whatever was left over I simply dusted it over the entire bed to get that oem satin finish. A6340CA3-C02D-4DE1-A17B-AD56D565460F.jpeg 47F47F63-9693-4CA4-92B6-62BC9C51FBD3.jpeg

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Laying down the product ie easier then expected. Take your time on the prep work, I split the prep work into a few days doing it after work a few hours at a time.

Mhorton814

Reaction score
a
Laying down the product ie easier then expected. Take your time on the prep work, I split the prep work into a few days doing it after work a few hours at a time.
another question, did you use a primer or adhesion promoter or anything or just spray on to the scuffed/prepped bed?

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
You only need to use self etch primer on any area that you sand down to bare metal or if you have any dings that you are filling in with bondo. I had a few dings on my bed so I used some primer but not for the whole bed. I also used the adhesive promoter on some of the edges that I wasn’t too confident on my scuffing skills.
I know a few people which have sprayed raptor liner on their bed and did not use either. So the choice is yours I did it just to be satisfy my self. Below is a picture of my bed right before I sprayed it the dark grey is the primer, the lighter gray is just where I scuffed down to the factory primer.
E572A013-4DDA-468D-9B3F-1650647D1245.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread