5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rant about people

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I HATE that...I'll park a mile away without a car in sight and come out to a car right next to mine, with still no other cars in sight. As I'm always wearing steal toes it makes me want to kick the **** out of their car real quick, WTF is wrong with people?
I've done that from the time I started driving . I make sure to never hit the vehicle next to mine with my door and I know he/she will be careful not to hit mine . Plus I'm protecting one side of their vehicle from someone hitting them .

CanRebel

Reaction score
I agree, it sucks. Been parking my Rebel far away from everyone.

Many years ago. I purchased a new car. Then had it modified. Spend another 30K.
Finally got to drive it. First day. 40KM on it.
This big ugly rusty overloaded GMC Truck was in left turning lane (not stop yet) on 80 KM highway which I was doing around 100KM.
Decided he didn't want turn anymore, floored it and turn into my lane. Truck hit just front of driver door.

Was no cars in lane beside me, so car hit curb, broke both passenger wheels off, landed 30 feet into parking lot hitting two other cars.
He had no license, no insurance, no money. My insurance had to pay for two cars parks, I 'hit'.
And they refused to pay anything for car. As mods weren't authorized and I was spending. Which I got ticket for.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, it sucks. Been parking my Rebel far away from everyone.

Many years ago. I purchased a new car. Then had it modified. Spend another 30K.
Finally got to drive it. First day. 40KM on it.
This big ugly rusty overloaded GMC Truck was in left turning lane (not stop yet) on 80 KM highway which I was doing around 100KM.
Decided he didn't want turn anymore, floored it and turn into my lane. Truck hit just front of driver door.

Was no cars in lane beside me, so car hit curb, broke both passenger wheels off, landed 30 feet into parking lot hitting two other cars.
He had no license, no insurance, no money. My insurance had to pay for two cars parks, I 'hit'.
And they refused to pay anything for car. As mods weren't authorized and I was spending. Which I got ticket for.
You got to pay. Lucky you. I'd make a comment about fixing the underlying problem...but I won't.

That day must've sucked.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hit and run is almost as bad as a flat out thief.

My wife's car (she left unlocked so her bad) was ransacked the other night. She left her debit card in it too (duh) so of course they hit the local Walmart for $1K of merchandise, money she won't see for probably 7 days now. Notwithstanding the thousand times I've told her to ditch the debit and use a CC only for better protection (we have no joint accounts), or leaving it in her car, or leaving the car unlocked (garage needed cleanout from HER stuff).
Does Walmart not require you to enter a PIN when using a debit card?

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m surprised that she’s getting her money back as I thought there was no protection while using a debit card ?

wvinson

Reaction score
I don't worry about it and park wherever within reason and hardly ever get door dings. It seems that people who are the most anal about parking their vehicles get the most damage -- why is that?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m surprised that she’s getting her money back as I thought there was no protection while using a debit card ?
There is if it’s deemed fraudulent.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Meaning how would you prove that, if a large screen tv is purchased, who’s to say it wasn’t by you and you are claiming else wise. Not trying to be difficult, just don’t know how debit cards work lol.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I see a nice vehicle parked alone like that sometimes I will go park by them because I know they pay enough attention to their vehicle that they won’t hurt mine, just like I won’t hurt theirs. Birds of a feather kind of thing.
I've done that from the time I started driving . I make sure to never hit the vehicle next to mine with my door and I know he/she will be careful not to hit mine . Plus I'm protecting one side of their vehicle from someone hitting them .

That's nice and all, but I don't know your level of caution when I'm walking back to my vehicle that I parked WAY far away from anyone else. That's the thing, I'd much rather come back out to my vehicle completely alone than another nice one parked right next to it. Your not saving me from anything, your only opening up the possibility of something happening accidently and hitting my vehicle (or me being careless and doing something to yours). A possibility that isn't there at all if no one parks right next to me.

If I were referring to parking lots that aren't as wide open, then yes I'd prefer another nice vehicle to park next to me if it's necessary. However, I was referring to the scenario where I park as far away as possible, with no other cars anywhere close, and coming out to find one person who decides to park right next to me while the parking lot is still empty otherwise. That I can't stand and see 0 reasons to do so, other than just trying to get under that persons skin, in which case you deserve some dents. Not that I've ever really seriously considered doing that, but it's the only time I'm ever really tempted to do so.

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lies CC companies like to hawk. If you’re not putting your pin in then you’re running the transaction through Visa/Mastercard and it falls under their fraud policies. If you put your pin in it runs through your bank or credit union and it falls under their policies.

I have not used a credit card in probably 15 years and I’ve never had an issue getting my money back. Just know your bank’s policies. These days you can also lock your cards down. I keep mine locked until I’m making a transaction.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's nice and all, but I don't know your level of caution when I'm walking back to my vehicle that I parked WAY far away from anyone else. That's the thing, I'd much rather come back out to my vehicle completely alone than another nice one parked right next to it. Your not saving me from anything, your only opening up the possibility of something happening accidently and hitting my vehicle (or me being careless and doing something to yours). A possibility that isn't there at all if no one parks right next to me.

If I were referring to parking lots that aren't as wide open, then yes I'd prefer another nice vehicle to park next to me if it's necessary. However, I was referring to the scenario where I park as far away as possible, with no other cars anywhere close, and coming out to find one person who decides to park right next to me while the parking lot is still empty otherwise. That I can't stand and see 0 reasons to do so, other than just trying to get under that persons skin, in which case you deserve some dents. Not that I've ever really seriously considered doing that, but it's the only time I'm ever really tempted to do so.

You guys are funny.

"Don't park by me, but if you do you deserve dents. ":ROFLMAO:

Fatherof3

Reaction score

I see what you're saying now , the parking lots around my area are never not full but if they were I'd park a couple spots over .

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys are funny.

"Don't park by me, but if you do you deserve dents. ":ROFLMAO:

Yep, don't park directly next to me when there isn't another car around anywhere remotely close and a million other spots to park in. I stand by my statement, if someone wants to go out of their way to do that for no good reason other than to be an as*hole, they deserve some dents. If anyone can provide me with a good reason to do that, in the empty parking lot scenario, I'm all ears.

Not to mention, that's not a good look anymore with women/children being abducted from parking lots by getting close to vehicles that park next to them.

I see what you're saying now , the parking lots around my area are never not full but if they were I'd park a couple spots over .

I can certainly agree in those situations with you, lots that are 1/2 full or more you can't really get too far away from people and in that scenario I'd prefer to have ya park right next to me.

jth877

Reaction score
I park out there to avoid tight spaces and other people. The people that would wait 10min to park close as possible to the store are probably not in their right mind anyway.

Exceptions are when there is a relatively full lot and someone with an obviously more expensive car or very well taken car of or an exotic car BACKS in next to me centered in the spot. I trust them. It doesn't bother me in the least to see another new clean truck parked next to mine behind the restaurant away from everyone else either.

A crap box mom mobile next to my car in the grocery store parking lot scares the hell out of me. Also realize that grocery carts roll downhill.

Quint

Reaction score
Many folks are clueless in parking lots, scraping other cars without even knowing. Most vehicles driven by 80+yr olds have numerous scrape marks. Then again, same with many teenagers and people of all ages who generally are not spatially aware of their surroundings. Not everyone is a jerk intentionally but the end result is still the same - damage to someone else's vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread