5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rant about people

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I once got door dinged while I was sitting in my car. I immediately got out and confronted the woman about it and she denied even doing it. I was prepared to call the cops and file a complaint but all that happened on my car was a little paint transfer which wiped right off.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, I park out in the lot for a couple of reasons.

1. I like to think the old folks out there deserve a break and can have the closer spots ( then I see the people cutting them off to get closer anyway)
2. All the privileged peons just stagger everywhere and dare you to pull out these days so it is difficult to get out of the space that is closer in.
3. The exercise certainly does not hurt me any. I need to walk more.
4. I know some will take offense but it is true..... The people loading up all the kiddies and thier crap tend to fling doors the widest. I watch moms all the time with the door against the car next to them, leaning back against it while jostling Jr. around to strap him in, just gouging the neighboring vehicle. But it's OK because it's for Jr. These crews won't walk that far, Jr. will whine too much.

So I guess to sum it up citing the reasons above, parking further out just keeps me out of jail.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many years ago, my wife and I pulled into a store parking lot and I spotted my parent's car parked way far out like always. So, I pulled up as close as I could right next to their car and my wife and I waited in our vehicle until my parents approached. It was a warm summer's night so we had the windows down. As my parents got closer, we heard my dad say, "Look at that, the whole parking lot and some damn idiot parked right on top of us." Then, my mom said, "I think that's our son's car." Well, we all had a good laugh after that. :D

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Today I was driving home from work in my Charger Daytona. I started to change lanes to the left when I noticed a late model Corolla right in my blind spot. I almost merged into it. After I moved back into my lane, the driver honked at me. I then automatically honked back, gave them an angry look, hit the accelerator and took off swerving back in front of them. Then I felt terrible. I don't know where that came from. I was in the wrong. And then I compounded it by acting a fool. I don't normally lose control like that. :(

And yeah, I normally park the Ram as far out in parking lots as I can away from other cars. And I usually take two parking spaces as long as no other cars are around. I've done this about the last 15 years or so when I can.

truckless

Reaction score
I run dual dash cams now in all my vehicles because of things like this. It’s not so much that I’m worried about insurance covering it as it is me wanting the person that’s being dumb to be responsible for what they did.

Me too. I just wish that with tall the cameras our decked out trucks have, they had a "Sentry Mode" like Tesla.

truckless

Reaction score
If I see a nice vehicle parked alone like that sometimes I will go park by them because I know they pay enough attention to their vehicle that they won’t hurt mine, just like I won’t hurt theirs. Birds of a feather kind of thing.

That's why I parked my 3500 Mega by a McLaren in a Canadian Tire parking a while back (though still respecting space).

Actually....it was because the size difference was hillarious and I wanted a picture ;)

20190929_091306.jpg

Last edited:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I see a nice vehicle parked alone like that sometimes I will go park by them because I know they pay enough attention to their vehicle that they won’t hurt mine, just like I won’t hurt theirs. Birds of a feather kind of thing.
I had this happen to me once many years ago. Parked my shiny new truck way out at the end of the mall parking lot all by itself. Before I can get out of the truck, another shiny new truck (different brand) comes and parks right next to me. My first thought was "what the hell?". I had my windows down and they had their windows down. It's a girl, hot too, and she says "I saw your really nice truck way out here and figured if I parked next to it you wouldn't hit my new truck with yours". :p Well who can complain about that?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me too. I just wish that with tall the cameras our decked out trucks have, they had a "Sentry Mode" like Tesla.
Mine do have something similar, but I don’t know how to use it yet

Users who are viewing this thread