5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamRev new Infotaiment system Passenger no thanks

Would you want the passenger to have the infotaiment?

• No thanks spouse already has enough control.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No thanks if it removes the second glove compartment.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Just no

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • I like it

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other comment below

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Too soon to cast my vote on this. I don't know anything about it. What does it allow the passenger to do? Looks like there is still an upper glove box because you can see a button in the same location as on other 1500's.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I'd have to see what all it does as well but at a glance, it seems pretty useless to me when you have a central unit a foot to the left with all the same features.
I have a passenger for roughly 50 out of every 500 miles I drive so if it costs more than few dollars, I'm likely a pass.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In the Wagoneer, it's like a $1,000 option. Just so a passenger can web surf or play games, to keep from being bored? Nope. I think anyone that orders that, is just someone who just has to have something to brag about their vehicle.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not scared of technology, so I’d get it just for the heck of it. I do have one from a Wagoneer wreck that I’ll eventually hook up to my current truck to tinker around with and see if it works.

6of36

Reaction score
I’m not scared of technology, so I’d get it just for the heck of it. I do have one from a Wagoneer wreck that I’ll eventually hook up to my current truck to tinker around with and see if it works.
Where do you find the time? LOL. I see a ton of your posts and you are always making some harnesses, or figuring out all the electronic wizardry, I wish I had your skills.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it but at the same time, I don't see the need/purpose for it.

I tend to buy vehicles that are available on the lot that meet my needs as close as possible, so if I found the truck that checked off all the boxes, the passenger screen would make no difference to me. If had it cool if not cool.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ehh pointless to me. Im sure just about anybody has a least a smartphone and/or tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nitmik

Reaction score
Passengers can bring their own device to play with.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I thought of a use for it! Since it's clearly out of reach of the driver, will it allow the copilot/navigator to actually enter and play with the navigation settings while in motion? :eek:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
to soon , we dont know nothing about it, but in a way its not like the 12" screen is to far from the passenger, so in way not needed and will drain power out of the battery

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought of a use for it! Since it's clearly out of reach of the driver, will it allow the copilot/navigator to actually enter and play with the navigation settings while in motion? :eek:
This right here! I find it offensive to assume I can't use navigation at a light or stuck in traffic.

HemiDude

Reaction score
It might allow it, though it will still have maps from 2020 🤣

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of a weird post since you have poll options that may not even be the case. Can't really expect anyone to be able to give an answer when nobody really even know the purpose of it

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They already have several vehicles that utilize the passenger screen. Pretty easy to figure out what all it’s used for.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't really see a need for it, everyone carries smart phones and tablets, just one more thing to break.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is yes, since the Wagooneer and Grand Cherokee do that. Several years ago, that would have been a big selling point for me. Today, however, with CarPlay (or Android Auto for the other side), I don't use the built in navigation. If I need navigation, I use the steering wheel button to active Siri and ask her for directions. If Siri can't find what I'm looking for, and I'm driving with my wife, I'll hand her the phone and let her look it up.

Still, it's an interesting idea, but hardly essential. (Incidentally, I also feel modern devices have made rear seat screens unimportant. If your kids absolutely cannot survive a car trip without a screen to distract them, who am I to judge*? But, get them a tablet instead. Less expensive and more versatile than what the manufactures offer).

* I judge

skyhawk42

Reaction score
They already have several vehicles that utilize the passenger screen. Pretty easy to figure out what all it’s used for.
The one is the grand wagoneer is pretty cool. If you didn’t know it was there, it blends in pretty well when not in use. It has its own inputs for external sources. Makes for a pretty good road trip when the wife and kids all have their own screens.

rammin03

Reaction score
Had it in the Wagoneer, turned it on twice. Waste of money and space except when we did the fireplace thing before UC5 crashed

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online