5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramcares repair scam\fraud

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Ceramic Pro for their ultimate armor package, which includes full frontal PPF and full ceramic coating with lifetime warranty, for $3600. Was going to take my truck ot get it done when we get my wife's vehicle back from the shop.

IDK anything about ceramic pro ultimate armor other than you have to be certified to buy it and install it which suggests to me its the good stuff. $3600 isn't bad for full front PPF and ceramic coating. Are they doing paint correction as well?
I have absolutely ZERO "regerts" about doing PPF the 1st week I had my truck, I got a good deal, the shop that tinted my windows wanted $2800 just for xpell PPF

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IDK anything about ceramic pro ultimate armor other than you have to be certified to buy it and install it which suggests to me its the good stuff. $3600 isn't bad for full front PPF and ceramic coating. Are they doing paint correction as well?
I have absolutely ZERO "regerts" about doing PPF the 1st week I had my truck, I got a good deal, the shop that tinted my windows wanted $2800 just for xpell PPF
Yes they are doing correction. I talked to them specifically about it when I got the quote.

RAL

Reaction score
I am going to be a contrarian here and say that this looks like road rash. Surprising you would get this much this soon but black shows everything and the front of the ram is like driving a barn door into the wind. If the paint showed evidence of prep or adhesion problems the yes it is a warranty claim, but if it is just chips they aren’t going to cover it. I have not studied the thread in all detail but it is odd to me that this wasn’t just pursued with your selling dealer. People ***** about the dealers but they are your best communication line to factory assistance. Sorry to be negative Nancy but my truck is three years old and I have to say the paint quality (Diamond white pearl) is outstanding. It resists scratches, polishes out readily when the occur, and is highly stain resistant. Further, having grown up with a construction contractor as a dad, I would never have all painted surfaces on the front of a truck. Looks cool when new but a major pain in the *** as it ages. If it is repainted satisfactorily, put a mask on the truck when taking road trips. That is what I do with my 4Runner, as the front fascia is mostly painted. Saves a lot of aggravation and is a lot cheaper than film.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the shop applying the ceramic coating doesn't include full paint correction in the packages, stay away from that shop. It's not ally a required step for the professional coatings to get the warranty

BowDown

Reaction score
If the shop applying the ceramic coating doesn't include full paint correction in the packages, stay away from that shop. It's not ally a required step for the professional coatings to get the warranty

I was speaking to paint correction prior to PPF, many or most shops do not include it in the price, its extra. Yes its necessary before professional real ceramic coats but its necessary prior to PPF as well which was my question.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was speaking to paint correction prior to PPF, many or most shops do not include it in the price, its extra. Yes its necessary before professional real ceramic coats but its necessary prior to PPF as well which was my question.
He was getting ceramic coating as well

irishwake63

Reaction score
That $2800 should have covered more than just the bumper with PPF. That should have been entire front end, hood, fenders, bumper for that price
it was for everything hood mirrors bumper and grill when I told him I had a painted grille its not its just the black plastic may take a few hundred off for that

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m really interested to hear how long the new paint job holds up. Keep us updated.
Drove 20 miles on the highway that was dung up to be paved (I did't know until I got on) and no chips or anything yet so that's a good sign.
I cringed every second I was driving though worried my paint was going to self destruct.

6of36

Reaction score
Most installers want you to wait so the paint can "cure". A body shop says wait 7-10 days, PPF installers will say 60-90 days. I waited 3 weeks to have mine done.
Depends how they baked it. If it was off the truck, they could have fully baked the paint, unlike baking on a vehicle, where they can only apply so much heat.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Depends how they baked it. If it was off the truck, they could have fully baked the paint, unlike baking on a vehicle, where they can only apply so much heat.
It was off the truck and it was baked.
I would assume baking only helps the outside and the inside will still be soft.

I wasn't able to find a decent xpel installer in central MA, I wanted to get some xpel10 installed on it. I am going to give it a solid 30-60 days though.

In the past I had to have my bumper with Xpel installed 3 separate times because the shop I used apparently sucked at installing it and left too many soap bubbles inside so it wasn't flat when it dried. I think it was because they didn't do a good job working the moisture out during each install (the last install the owner of the shop did it himself).

6of36

Reaction score
It was off the truck and it was baked.
I would assume baking only helps the outside and the inside will still be soft.

I wasn't able to find a decent xpel installer in central MA, I wanted to get some xpel10 installed on it. I am going to give it a solid 30-60 days though.

In the past I had to have my bumper with Xpel installed 3 separate times because the shop I used apparently sucked at installing it and left too many soap bubbles inside so it wasn't flat when it dried. I think it was because they didn't do a good job working the moisture out during each install (the last install the owner of the shop did it himself).
It still depends how they baked it. Being that it was off, they MAY have fully baked it. A complete vehicle can not be fully baked, it is illegal to bake above a set threshold. An ex brother-in law, was a chemical engineer in GMs paint department, and informed me of that. Factory bake ovens are much hotter than body shop ovens. Even factory repair booths are cooler. The little diamond shapes in the tail light and other reflector lenses will warp slightly when over heated. The federal government closely regulates those lenses, and prohibits over heating them. It's crazy how lacks they are on some things, and strict on others.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It still depends how they baked it. Being that it was off, they MAY have fully baked it. A complete vehicle can not be fully baked, it is illegal to bake above a set threshold. An ex brother-in law, was a chemical engineer in GMs paint department, and informed me of that. Factory bake ovens are much hotter than body shop ovens. Even factory repair booths are cooler. The little diamond shapes in the tail light and other reflector lenses will warp slightly when over heated. The federal government closely regulates those lenses, and prohibits over heating them. It's crazy how lacks they are on some things, and strict on others.
They paint the bumper only, completely free of all trim and then bake it. I am not sure how else they would do it.

Users who are viewing this thread