5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@ramcares really cares?

atanks

Reaction score
@RamCares New member longtime Ram owner since 2003. My last 2 Rams were 2019 and current 2020 Laramie. I put alot of miles on my vehicles 25-30k a year. Easy miles with occasional light towing aluminum trailer. I take excellent care of my vehicles, the 2020 looks brand new. I've owned the 2020 for just under 2 years and have about 53k on it. It had all exhaust manifold bolts replaced, the anc amp replaced, the rear window replaced, the etorque battery pack replaced, the bearing between the two piece driveshaft replaced and the rear brake caliper repaired. Currently I have loud ticking engine noise, the thunk at acceleration, a rubbing grinding noise from the rear when accelerating from a stop while turning ( such as pulling out of a parking lot onto a road), and a touchscreen that's separating. I've been thru the having to argue with dealerships to get things fixed......I'm tired, im just tired! This go around I thought I'd ask for suggestions on how to get my Ram repaired without the frustration, runaround and NOT have to listen to the typical cant duplicate, that's normal, bs these dealerships spew, believe me they know these issues exist. It seems the separating screen may not be covered under warranty because the 36k warranty but I bought this truck new 2 years ago and live in florida where its hot. The mileage has nothing to do with the screen separating and if it does its a POS then. Anyways I'd like to get my Ram fixed, does anyone have a contact at Ram they can share that can help these issues resloved easily? Thanks

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
New member longtime Ram owner since 2003. My last 2 Rams were 2019 and current 2020 Laramie. I put alot of miles on my vehicles 25-30k a year. Easy miles with occasional light towing aluminum trailer. I take excellent care of my vehicles, the 2020 looks brand new. I've owned the 2020 for just under 2 years and have about 53k on it. It had all exhaust manifold bolts replaced, the anc amp replaced, the rear window replaced, the etorque battery pack replaced, the bearing between the two piece driveshaft replaced and the rear brake caliper repaired. Currently I have loud ticking engine noise, the thunk at acceleration, a rubbing grinding noise from the rear when accelerating from a stop while turning ( such as pulling out of a parking lot onto a road), and a touchscreen that's separating. I've been thru the having to argue with dealerships to get things fixed......I'm tired, im just tired! This go around I thought I'd ask for suggestions on how to get my Ram repaired without the frustration, runaround and NOT have to listen to the typical cant duplicate, that's normal, bs these dealerships spew, believe me they know these issues exist. It seems the separating screen may not be covered under warranty because the 36k warranty but I bought this truck new 2 years ago and live in florida where its hot. The mileage has nothing to do with the screen separating and if it does its a POS then. Anyways I'd like to get my Ram fixed, does anyone have a contact at Ram they can share that can help these issues resloved easily? Thanks
put @ ramcares (all together) in your post and ramcare will try to help you

U

User_3336

Good luck. RamCares basically just works as a go between with dealer, but I can't say I've seen anyone report back that they actually helped someone with issues such as yours.
Yeah, out of those 3,806 posts they've made.

atanks

Reaction score

I have faith they will do the right thing and contact me Monday to resolve the issues with their product. If not then that let's me and everyone else who reads this know where they stand with customer service and product support. I'll keep everyone posted so you know what to expect from Ram customer service.

Kenco037

Reaction score
@RamCares ...just took delivery of 22 ram 1500 last week. While applying ceramic spray coating, I noticed 1 defect in paint in the rain guard above the driver's door and a crease at the bottom of driver's rear door window at the weatherstrip.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have any warranty at all ( you most likely have powertrain ), you can lemon law it. Also all those "couldn't duplicate visits" stop your clock and count towards your 3 visits for same problem. If the dealership wants to be lazy or avoid the problem, great, they will make it easy for you. Also if your first complaint(s) were under the 36k, you can keep claiming it under the b2b warranty until they fix it, and if not, you fill out the notice of defect ( in manual or from the Florida AG ) and let them fix it or eat the truck and buy it back or get you in a new one. DO NOT TRADE IT. Make them pay you. Especially in Florida. They will not mess around if you serve them the notice of defect. It will stop the dealership from screwing around and they will send in a rep and a real mechanic to look at it at a minimum. It will also likely end any goodwill the dealer or FCA/RAM will do, so ask nice first, then if they ignore you, send the letters.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
@RamCares ...just took delivery of 22 ram 1500 last week. While applying ceramic spray coating, I noticed 1 defect in paint in the rain guard above the driver's door and a crease at the bottom of driver's rear door window at the weatherstrip.
Some people have an unrealistic expectation of what RamCares can do. They exists to assist you when working with a dealership. They are not a stand-alone entity with the power to take care of issues on their own. Take it in to your local dealership, then tag @RamCares here to get their attention. They have been helpful for many members over the years.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have any warranty at all ( you most likely have powertrain ), you can lemon law it. Also all those "couldn't duplicate visits" stop your clock and count towards your 3 visits for same problem. If the dealership wants to be lazy or avoid the problem, great, they will make it easy for you. Also if your first complaint(s) were under the 36k, you can keep claiming it under the b2b warranty until they fix it, and if not, you fill out the notice of defect ( in manual or from the Florida AG ) and let them fix it or eat the truck and buy it back or get you in a new one. DO NOT TRADE IT. Make them pay you. Especially in Florida. They will not mess around if you serve them the notice of defect. It will stop the dealership from screwing around and they will send in a rep and a real mechanic to look at it at a minimum. It will also likely end any goodwill the dealer or FCA/RAM will do, so ask nice first, then if they ignore you, send the letters.
Lemon laws vary by state. And generally only apply to issue identified by original owner within first year of ownership

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lemon laws vary by state. And generally only apply to issue identified by original owner within first year of ownership
again since you like poo pooing lemon law, he said hes in florida and I've done several lemon lawsuits in florida. Been there, done it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
again since you like poo pooing lemon law, he said hes in florida and I've done several lemon lawsuits in florida. Been there, done it.
So what I said isn't wrong. I don't know specifics for every and missed where he said he lived in Florida. My response was a general guideline that applies to most states laws. Obviously there are differences and the owner of vehicle should research the laws specific to where they live. Quick research on my end shows your advice isn't 100% accurate either, so probably shouldn't be trying to call out others if you aren't 100% accurate.

atanks

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips. I have an appointment with a dealership next town over in a week and a half. I'll see how they handle it and go from there. Thanks again

atanks

Reaction score
Here is an update. Some parts are on B/O and the repairs are not all complete so I don't want to say too much yet. What i can do is inform you of something i learned from my dealer. When they replace the lifters in your hemi, RAM DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR OIL!!! I asked them and was told no. I asked 2 people from the dealer to confirm this. I paid them to change it! I was also told the MDS is the cause of the lifter and cam failures. The MDS shuts off the cylinders which lets the vibration rotate the lifters of the deactivated cylinders. Im not really sure how it all works but thats what the advisor told me the area engineer told him, he also said its a VERY common issue. I first brought the truck in for the tick and was told it was the exhaust bolts broken, 5 each side. They replaced but tick was still there along with a rough idle. Now new lifters are needed.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When they replace the lifters in your hemi, RAM DOES NOT CHANGE YOUR OIL!!!
They absolutely pay for the oil filter and oil. The proper repair when replacing the cam and lifters is to remove the oil pan. Ram doesn't expect them to reuse the old oil.

I'm willing to bet they didnt remove the oil pan, now you will have alot of metal hanging out in there
The MDS shuts off the cylinders which lets the vibration rotate the lifters of the deactivated cylinders
This is false, it can happen but isn't why they fail. The lifters have guided/retainers that prevent rotation in the bore.

2020 would have had the updated designed manifold tie bars, the bolts rarely snap let alone 5 per side.

This is a dealer that gives the rest a bad name.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
. Im not really sure how it all works
maybe this will help explain how it works

one reason I always shut mine off

atanks

Reaction score
Yeah, I usually stand up to scum bag dealers like this but I'm tired of it honestly. I think the Ram brand has finally beat the living sh!t out of me. I said earlier there's alot to this recent Ram adventure but I just want the remaining parts repaired that are ordered and I'll trade this POS. I will follow up after the final repair with the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I will also name the dealers (I say dealers because one owner owns all 3 dealers in the surrounding cities) so noone else gets mistreated. I will also load pics of the repair ticket with the oil change fees as well.

atanks

Reaction score
Update ... since last post I have had lifters replaced twice. I take it back today for what I will guess to be a third replacement. I only got a few hundred miles from the last two sets of lifters. This was also from 2 different dealers. What gives?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update ... since last post I have had lifters replaced twice. I take it back today for what I will guess to be a third replacement. I only got a few hundred miles from the last two sets of lifters. This was also from 2 different dealers. What gives?
Sounds like there are deeper issues with the truck that replacing the lifters isn't fixing

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
are they replacing the lifters with out look at the cam?

Users who are viewing this thread