5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

@RamCares - Please Help!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares

Just about every one of the known issues (TSBs or not) I've seen on this forum people have to fight with the service advisors when taking their vehicles in for service which just adds to the frustration.

Why isn't something being done to better educate the dealer's service departments on these known issues to help expedite the service process?

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Information naturally spreads faster in this dedicated forum than it does throughout a giant corporation, dealership network and employees of the two entities. Think about it this way, we have tunnel vision about our trucks and literally can see any issue posted here from anywhere around the world. If anyone at any dealership needs information, it has to be generated, reviewed, issued, prioritized, checked for legal purposes, sent through the dealer network, employees need to receive it, possibly get trained on it, and all of that is IF they happen to be familiar with a 5th Gen DT Ram instead of the literally hundreds of other vehicles they see in and out of a service department every day. It's a lonnnnnnggggggg chain for them to get anything, while for us it's immediately at our fingertips any time of the day or night.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares

Just about every one of the known issues (TSBs or not) I've seen on this forum people have to fight with the service advisors when taking their vehicles in for service which just adds to the frustration.

Why isn't something being done to better educate the dealer's service departments on these known issues to help expedite the service process?
My dealer is all over these TSBs. Anytime I mention something he comes back and tells me about the TSB. I work for the world's largest aircraft manufacturer; so I know from experience that the info is usually out there but it requires one to go read it and know about it. Some corporations (like FCA) are so large that they can't "push " information to everyone; the information is available but it requires those in the "field" to seek it out.

Rick3019

Reaction score
My guess is if you have a dealer that tells you the TSB then you have a good dealer if you have a dealer that tells you this is the first time they have heard of it they want to look at your vehicle so they can turn it in
@RamCares

My guess is if you have a dealer that tells you the TSB then you have a good dealer if you have a dealer that says this is the first time they’ve heard of it then you have a dealer that wants to turn it in as warranty so they can get reimbursed by FCA and make money. This happened to me I took off work early they looked at the truck then told me there was a TSB report they made money I lost money I could be wrong I could just have a dealer that employees lazy people

Conch007

Reaction score
I completely agree I have one dealer that’s up on it the other dealer is asking me to bring them the tsb’s after I get mine back from the competent one so they can fix their other customers. It’s sad when they have the information at their fingertips but are too lazy to look, then ask me to give them information that FCA supplies them

paul vegas

Reaction score
@RamCares

The answer to all your questions is money!

Users who are viewing this thread