5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox panel issue

MJB

Reaction score
The panel on my passenger side Rambox is loose. I can push on the back part of the panel and it moves freely. There is a perforation on the panel that I assume is supposed to clip onto something, but it has obviously broke/come unattached. The lid itself is still fully operational, it just looks terrible.

Has anyone had this happen and attempted to fix? When you open the lid there are a series of screws that look to hold the panel on, but I don't want to take it off if I'm going to have trouble getting it back on.

I can take it to the dealer, but if it's an easy fix I'd sooner save myself the hassle and do it myself.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out this thread

Reactions: MJB

MJB

Reaction score
Check out this thread

Thanks. Unfortunately he doesn't go into the panel removal. He was adjusting the overall height of the box and lock adjustment. A great post for sure, but not really what I'm dealing with.

Actually - @YoAdrian asked a question on that thread that sounds like he was dealing with the same issue as I have. Curious to know if he ever got it resolved.

If I have enough time today I might see if I can get the painted panel off. I'll report back.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately he doesn't go into the panel removal. He was adjusting the overall height of the box and lock adjustment. A great post for sure, but not really what I'm dealing with.

Actually - @YoAdrian asked a question on that thread that sounds like he was dealing with the same issue as I have. Curious to know if he ever got it resolved.

If I have enough time today I might see if I can get the painted panel off. I'll report back.
The Laramie I almost bought had a loose Rambox panel, felt like a fastener popped loose, but I ended up buying a non-Rambox model so never brought that problem to resolution. I would have pointed you to the same thread Patsy did. Good luck, sounds like a service call if the fastener broke.

Ramron

Reaction score
Mine has done the exact same thing. I took it to the dealer to fix. There are clips that can be replaced, but my dealer said he could replace the whole plastic top as well. He was ordering parts for me. I will let you know what all he replaced. Should be next week.

Ramron

Reaction score
I decided to try to fix myself. If you open the lid there are 6 black screws. By undoing the screws it allowed me to push the top up further to allow the clip to Reengage. I then put the screws back. The only difficult part I found is the lock and push button can be hard to realign. Seems to fix it though.

Robo59

Reaction score
Both lid covers have come loose on my 2020 powerwagon. Only 33k miles Dealer put new tape on them but that didn't last a week. I had to rap tape all the way around it on my 900 mile trip pulling a fifth wheel because they were flapping so bad I thought they would break and fly off. Wish i could find a good fix. Ram should have a recall or at best let their dealers know how to fix the delamination cover lids.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Both lid covers have come loose on my 2020 powerwagon. Only 33k miles Dealer put new tape on them but that didn't last a week. I had to rap tape all the way around it on my 900 mile trip pulling a fifth wheel because they were flapping so bad I thought they would break and fly off. Wish i could find a good fix. Ram should have a recall or at best let their dealers know how to fix the delamination cover lids.
Yours aren't the same as DT1500s. You're on the wrong forum.

Users who are viewing this thread