5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox lomax tonneau cover part not listed on the manual

acat

Reaction score
Where should I install this guy?
1a5770ec09516d8d3beb7a3c53ddca5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barnyard

Reaction score
Still waiting for mine to be delivered, but does it go in the gaps between the tailgate on either side?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

acat

Reaction score
Still waiting for mine to be delivered, but does it go in the gaps between the tailgate on either side?

guess yes, just the shape does not match

mkel2010

Reaction score

I just installed my Lomax yesterday and had the same question. I called Agri-Cover this morning and talked to Eddie in the installation department. He said the piece is in fact a seal for the tailgate gap. He said their marketing department missed a step in both the manual and the install video for the Rambox covers. He sent along the following photo to explain where it's supposed to go. I may not use it as I agree that the straight shape might be an issue. Lomax Rambox Seal.png

acat

Reaction score
I just installed my Lomax yesterday and had the same question. I called Agri-Cover this morning and talked to Eddie in the installation department. He said the piece is in fact a seal for the tailgate gap. He said their marketing department missed a step in both the manual and the install video for the Rambox covers. He sent along the following photo to explain where it's supposed to go. I may not use it as I agree that the straight shape might be an issue. View attachment 23274
cool, thanks!

Barnyard

Reaction score
I just cut them to fit the curves in the corners. Not perfect, but good enough
494fb028dc1305590047cfaf6bb7cb4c.jpg

mkel2010

Reaction score
Going through the carwash, I probably get a less than a teaspoon in both corners total. The bed itself remains dry

Great! Thanks for the update.

Marusho

Reaction score
I too received the drawing above but in the absence of any actual instructions I thought it was a rain channel, and installed it like this. And what's that curvature about?

acat

Reaction score
Get mine installed, looks like this seal perfectly filled horizontally gap, but still some other gaps between the tailgate and sidewall, since it’s summer, I will carry this worry to winter season to resolve it, lol
660fac0cb959c0bf769959a51ff4d51f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online