5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox® Cargo Management System missing part

Larry Crim

Reaction score
SO I just picked up my 2019 1500 Limited, came with the RamBox® Cargo Management System @ $995, Web site says it comes with "The comprehensive system also includes a cargo bed extender/divider, cargo bed rails with four adjustable tie-down cleats and LED cargo box lighting".
mine has no cargo bed extender/divider and dealer is telling me it's not part of the package. anyone have same experience? or can verify if it does or not?
Thanks Pat

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
SO I just picked up my 2019 1500 Limited, came with the RamBox® Cargo Management System @ $995, Web site says it comes with "The comprehensive system also includes a cargo bed extender/divider, cargo bed rails with four adjustable tie-down cleats and LED cargo box lighting".
mine has no cargo bed extender/divider and dealer is telling me it's not part of the package. anyone have same experience? or can verify if it does or not?
Thanks Pat

Yes, I received confirmation this past Friday that this is the case. FCA is slated to contact those of us who ordered the Cargo Management System with a credit, but no timeline is available.

Reactions: BTK

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Yes, I received confirmation this past Friday that this is the case. FCA is slated to contact those of us who ordered the Cargo Management System with a credit, but no timeline is available.
That's news to me! I received my Longhorn 2 weeks ago with RamBoxes and bed utility group. I have the divider, rails, and cleats. What I didn't get were the posts by the tailgate to enable the divider to become an extender. Did you order the BUG?

Viking42

Reaction score
any pictures on how the posts shoudl look like, so that i can check during my delivery?

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
As of now you won't get the posts for the bed extender unless you pay for them yourself at the parts counter.

IMG_20190109_1539141.jpg

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Ok everyone you read it, US law says you must remove the bed extender posts... I am offering a free disposal service for the first complete set, in good condition, mailed to me. PM for details! :whistle:

Nah, regulation just says manufacturers can't install them now, makes them rare in the wild = $$$.

;)

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
That's news to me! I received my Longhorn 2 weeks ago with RamBoxes and bed utility group. I have the divider, rails, and cleats. What I didn't get were the posts by the tailgate to enable the divider to become an extender. Did you order the BUG?

Yes I did.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, regulation just says manufacturers can't install them now, makes them rare in the wild = $$$.

;)
I’ll sell my set of bed extender pegs to the first bidder over $1,000 (...and then run down to the junkyard for replacements) ;)

Michael Frank

Reaction score
My dealer just installed the hardware, no charge. They had to order the parts, but they were readily available. May be because I ordered the truck last May, when all the literature was still referring to, and depicting in photos, a bed "extender". Truck was finally delivered in August, without the pivot & swivels at the back. I didn't notice the omission until I went to put the divider in the extender position, but when I pointed this out to the dealer, they took care of it.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Unfortunately my dealer did not take care of it for me. I ordered myself and installed.

Johntof

Reaction score
I just ordered my 2019 Ram today and by chance read in the brochure under “Storage” the Rambox but not including the divider/extender. The divider/extender is mentioned under “Bed Utility Group” in combination with Rambox.
In my 2015 Ram with Rambox I did get the Divider/Extender. I use it as extender a lot when my atv is loaded in the bed.
Guess I will have to take out the needed parts and divider/extender from my current Ram in order notto miss out.
Pitty it took me a hour to get the right info. No thanks to Ram. Thanks to 5thgenrams!

Larry Crim

Reaction score
Thanks Pat

So an update to my situation I contacted RamCare and stuck to my guns they've agreed to reimburse me if I want to order the divider but not the posts, so got it on order today and ordered the posts separate.

Kntoys

Reaction score
Wonder if having the bed extender out and tailgate down messes with the rear sensors/auto brake system and thats why they dont add the posts anymore

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wonder if having the bed extender out and tailgate down messes with the rear sensors/auto brake system and thats why they dont add the posts anymore
I’ve used mine as an extender 2 times in the past 2 weeks driving and even backing up my inclined driveway with no issue from the rear sensors/auto brake system.

Johntof

Reaction score

Only thing is the backup camera that doesnt show where you are going. Otherwise no issues.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
So an update to my situation I contacted RamCare and stuck to my guns they've agreed to reimburse me if I want to order the divider but not the posts, so got it on order today and ordered the posts separate.
Who did you speak too, you have a phone number?

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
There is no issue with extender except some federal tailight law, supposedly new for 2018. If you read the manuals and I went back through every one since Rambox was introduced they all say cargo divider/bed extender as one of the parts for Rambox cargo managment system, it only lists cargo divider for 2019. Picture from my manual, and from 2018 manual below. The divider should come with your rambox system. 2019 Owners Manual Rambox screenshot.jpg 2019-02-22_15-41-22.jpg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I've got an electronic copy of the 2019 Ram 1500 DT owner's manual, version 3, and it was published before they pulled the extender. It reads just like the 2018 manual.

Users who are viewing this thread