5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambar & multifunction tailgate

darkhorse

Reaction score
I've only seen one other post about this on here from 2 years ago. Basically, I'm wanting to mount the rambar on my 2023 Rebel that has a MFT. I've replaced the brackets already with the ones offered by Right on Bracket, but that won't resolve the issue for mounting the rambar. Could you not make modifications to the rambar by chopping the inside front bracket off and screwing into the bed rail instead? Or chop the new bracket and re-weld to overlap the rambar?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen one other post about this on here from 2 years ago. Basically, I'm wanting to mount the rambar on my 2023 Rebel that has a MFT. I've replaced the brackets already with the ones offered by Right on Bracket, but that won't resolve the issue for mounting the rambar. Could you not make modifications to the rambar by chopping the inside front bracket off and screwing into the bed rail instead? Or chop the new bracket and re-weld to overlap the rambar?
I mean, you can do whatever you think will work. The Rambar isn't load bearing, so it's not like it needs to be bolted on with high grade fasteners

detroitm2

Reaction score
I think I'm going to trim the rambar around where the right-on brackets are located for the MFT.I thought about welding the brackets in place to be part of the ram bar, but I'm honestly not that great at welding and it would probably look better with a bit of trimming, grinding, and some paint.

detroitm2

Reaction score
Well. It worked! Got this done today in the rain. A little trimming with an angle grinder and fits like A charm. I already had the right-on-brackets in place since I needed them for my Retrax MX tonneau cover. I sprayed a bit of textured black paint (from aev) over the exposed metal to help prevent any rust. Turned out pretty good, and my tonneau cover JUST fits between the bolts.

1000002366.jpg 1000002367.jpg 1000002369.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread