5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is off subject quite a bit from main stream items but Curious to see what others say and come up with. I love my new !9 Ram,but geez how many times do you see the Ram or Word Ram inside and outside your new Trucks? I came up 12 so far!

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
This is off subject quite a bit from main stream items but Curious to see what others say and come up with. I love my new !9 Ram,but geez how many times do you see the Ram or Word Ram inside and outside your new Trucks? I came up 12 so far!

it is unbelievable in my '13 . you will get used to it(y)(y) i get my 2019 on monday.. will let you know if it is worse.lol

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it is unbelievable in my '13 . you will get used to it(y)(y) i get my 2019 on monday.. will let you know if it is worse.lol

Its unreal how many places they have put the word Ram or the Ram head on these new trucks! Congratulations on your new one coming! Post us a pic or two!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s about as unbelievable as the number of times that I’ve had to explain that Ram is, in fact, a separate brand from Dodge.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suspect that the Ram division folks are trying as much as possible to reinforce the name because so many people still refer to FCA light-duty pickups as "Dodges."

It may take awhile, maybe even a full generation. People still call facial tissue, "Kneenix," even though a number of manufacturers make the stuff. My mother always called any kind of vegetable oil, "Crisco oil."

Oddly, I have already receive one comment about all the Ram identifiers on my truck, except this person thought his favorite brand should be doing the same thing!

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005181 miles.

DeanKing

Reaction score
People aren’t the only ones not getting it. Half the auto accessories websites that sell truck stuff still don’t have Ram in their drop down as a manufacturer. I mean there are like maybe 6 companies that make trucks. The first few times I thought they didn’t have whatever it was for my truck. Then I started clicking dodge to go down the path of 6 lug/5 lug, new body style, classic,etc. When I first saw this subject in the new posts I thought it was the most undescriptive thread subject ever. But it really is about “Ram” so well done.

warvet

Reaction score
This website causes me to go look at, notice, and recognize things that I wouldn't otherwise :)

All I see is beautiful brown wood every time I get in/out my truck

This is my first Ram, and I've had a lot of ppl say "nice Dodge" and I just smile and keep it moving. I've had a few guys with Dodge trucks say .........'man that's a nice Dodge'............I guess they get a pass because they still drive a Dodge lol

Come to think of it, in all 3 of my GMC Sierras, I heard "nice Chevy" a million times.

As long as my Harley is not called anything else, I'm gravy!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite time for this was when I rolled out my restified 79 Trailduster. People would say nice Dodge or nice ramcharger. I would grin and point to the Plymouth and trailduster emblems and tell them it is part of the Rapid Transit System.

Easter Eggs are a big thing now, and Ram left no shortages of them. It is awesome that Ramcharger made it back in a Mopar truck...even if it is for a phone.

Good times

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
I know! Exactly why I debadged my truck. I left the RAM letters on the grill and the Ram head on the tailgate. Then I added a chrome rear license plate frame that says "Ram", then my wife got me a hitch cover that says "RAM". :ROFLMAO:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People aren’t the only ones not getting it. Half the auto accessories websites that sell truck stuff still don’t have Ram in their drop down as a manufacturer. I mean there are like maybe 6 companies that make trucks. The first few times I thought they didn’t have whatever it was for my truck. Then I started clicking dodge to go down the path of 6 lug/5 lug, new body style, classic,etc. When I first saw this subject in the new posts I thought it was the most undescriptive thread subject ever. But it really is about “Ram” so well done.

LOL...Thanks!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know! Exactly why I debadged my truck. I left the RAM letters on the grill and the Ram head on the tailgate. Then I added a chrome rear license plate frame that says "Ram", then my wife got me a hitch cover that says "RAM". :ROFLMAO:

There so may RAMS you can't get rid of all of them! Hehe. This new 19 Should help convert the truck from name Dodge to RAM for sure! :)

Users who are viewing this thread