5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram wont fix my bumper arbitration ?

jw38

Reaction score
Hot take: It's not the space shuttle, it's mass-produced vehicle. If you think that this qualifies for arbitration, you're in for a rude awakening.
While I understand the OP's concerns (and I'd be pissed off too!), your comments are spot-on. Lemon Laws and arbitration are only for issues that effect the safety and drivability of the vehicle. Cosmetic issues are not included in that.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
took it to a different dealer, seems the first shop that had it didnt know what they were doing (if you can believe that lol ) they cut the locating pins off the bumper mounting bracket, and spaced the bumper out on the passenger side with 3 lock washers. new place says its not the bumper thats wrong its the grille and facia panels that are out of adjustment. showed me where it was miss adjusted. going to order a new bumper mounting plate, strip the front end and reassemble it the way its supposed to be. AND NO I WON'T GET USED TO IT!!!
A dealer that doesn't know what they're doing andjust wants you to go away? Unheard of lol, I agree you shouldn't have to get used to it and ram should correct it even if it means replacing the whole front clip. It should have never left the factory like that

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer fixed the alignment of my front bumper yesterday.

Mine was closer to the body on one side, in other words, I could push my fingers into the crevice between the bumper and the front bottom edge of the front fender on one side, but not the other.

The tech. showed me that unlike previous years, there is no X-Y latitude in the mounting. On fourth gens there was enough slop in the bumper mounting brackets and the frame to permit adjustment.

On the '19s, the tech. had to install a shim on the end of the frame rail. He must've taken some time to determine the right thickness, because it's perfect now.

As an aside, I inspected every '19 on the dealer's lot and all were in perfect alignment. So much for luck!

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 004958 miles.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I had a huge issue with a 16 or 17 Durango RT.. The dealers are far from body shops, any respectable one will admit that. I ended up at a high end body shop that as soon as the dealership hung up the phone woth them- told me they have had plenty of work on brand new FCA vehicles.. they had the right tools to document the paint issues I had.. told me they had a truck that needed almost a whole new paint job.. it was a pia.. but got fixed. Certain colors were common problems.. at the time I had Granite Crystal

hotsht333

Reaction score
well happy to report my front end is finally fixed, took 3 dealerships and 2 weeks in the shop , 9 different fca customer service rep's and 2 different case managers, but its perfect and i'm once again in love with my ram. never had any other trouble with the truck, no clunks no uconnect or starter problems at all, confident i'll drive this one and love it for a long time. Never Give Up

Attachments

• finally fixed.jpg
    finally fixed.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20192.jpg
    20192.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 51
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48

marcd118

Reaction score
well happy to report my front end is finally fixed, took 3 dealerships and 2 weeks in the shop , 9 different fca customer service rep's and 2 different case managers, but its perfect and i'm once again in love with my ram. never had any other trouble with the truck, no clunks no uconnect or starter problems at all, confident i'll drive this one and love it for a long time. Never Give Up
How did they fix it?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wow! Three dealers!?

Mine was out of alignment as well. The front bumper on my Quad was in further on one side, than the other. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer and it was done in a little over two hours.

The technician patiently showed me the mechanical layout and went over the resolution process with me. The fix was to add a spacer at the point where the bumper bracket contacted the frame, thus moving the bumper more outward on the one side.

The box was also out of alignment and they fixed that, too, on a previous visit without giving me any excuses.

RamCare if you're listening, these stories should be elevated. FCA does not need ambivalent or disinterested dealer service centers, which is the primary reason auto companies lose customers..

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005434 miles.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Judging from the pictures and looking at the hood alignment, yours looks like the grill was too low on one side, not the bumper.

Bests,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 005434 miles.

hotsht333

Reaction score
the facia on the passenger side was adjusted too far our, they brought it back and replaced the bumper mounting plate on the to restore the locating pins that had been cut off by the first dealer. also said the grille and facia on the driver side were completely loose.

Users who are viewing this thread