5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram wont fix my bumper arbitration ?

hotsht333

Reaction score
anybody ever get any results from arbitration with fca ? looks like the only step thats left other than hiring a lawyer

Attachments

• 20180827_061938.jpg
    20180827_061938.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 304
  • grille to bumper driver side.jpg
    grille to bumper driver side.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 254
  • grille to bumper passenger side.jpg
    grille to bumper passenger side.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 239

Dustin

IT Geek, Adventure Junkie
Reaction score
What's wrong with your bumper? I looked at the picture for a while and can't see anything wrong with it.

hotsht333

Reaction score
gap between the bumper and the grille is 1/2 inch different from 1 side to the other

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ur not the 1st. Many have had this issue on here.

Ddelallata

Reaction score
Mine looked the same. A week after purchase I took it to the dealership and they fixed it in less than one hour.

John813

Reaction score
Is there another dealer close by?
Talk to Ramcares or whoever the support person is on here?

hotsht333

Reaction score
dealer had it for a week said that was as good as they could get it, tried Ram Cares, they just agreed with FCA customer support saying it was adjusted to within factory spec.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
dealer had it for a week said that was as good as they could get it, tried Ram Cares, they just agreed with FCA customer support saying it was adjusted to within factory spec.

A different dealer might be willing to take a crack at a better adjustment if you aren't happy with the current adjustment.

marcd118

Reaction score
Im having an issue similar to you, but its the gap under the headlight pieces. The dealer is going to have a body shop look at it.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Is there another dealer close by?
Talk to Ramcares or whoever the support person is on here?

Ramcares doesn’t care. They act like they do in comments but in messages they give sides to their own and just say they will document the situation and your out of luck (in my situation).
In my opinion they are worthless it’s just a middle man trying to make it seem like they “care”.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hot take: It's not the space shuttle, it's mass-produced vehicle. If you think that this qualifies for arbitration, you're in for a rude awakening.

Rob

Reaction score
Reason they are giving you a hard time is the bumper has no adjustment. I repaired mine myself. Holes in the frame horns need to be elongated to allow for some adjustment. Mine looks perfect now. I understand it sucks but took me a hour granted I work on cars for a living

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Like rob said, I’ve also taken the bumper off, and both sides have locating pins which allow for zero adjustment. Unless you want to elongate the holes then you better get used to it.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No plans to quit, I want it fixed
Have you determined what is out of alignment ? Bracket, Bumper, frame holes? Something is stamped or punched way out if spec to be that far off. I wouldn't accept the within spec BS however this is something I would fix myself only because I'm too picky and the dealer would never fix it to my liking. They might be trying to adjust something when they need to replace an entire bracket.

hotsht333

Reaction score
took it to a different dealer, seems the first shop that had it didnt know what they were doing (if you can believe that lol ) they cut the locating pins off the bumper mounting bracket, and spaced the bumper out on the passenger side with 3 lock washers. new place says its not the bumper thats wrong its the grille and facia panels that are out of adjustment. showed me where it was miss adjusted. going to order a new bumper mounting plate, strip the front end and reassemble it the way its supposed to be. AND NO I WON'T GET USED TO IT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/