5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Will Reveal The New 2025 Ram 1500 RHO On April 25th!

WildBill138

Reaction score
Im just glad the CEO didnt let their child name it after a dinosaur.
Also the rho looks rad with the correctly sized engine for modern 500 hp. Im interested in one for sure.

WildBill138

Reaction score
Thats one hell of a tangent story to protect yourself from gettimg sued by ford. Its a dumb name and im glad they dropped it. Along with the rediculouse hellcat engine in a truck.
People saying 'its so fast' when speaking about a 6000 lb pickup truck is pretty ignorant for a lot of reasons. A real prerunner would be cool but they use spooled rear ends and serious transfer cases, not some shabby awd system. But most trx owners dont know if they have leaf springs or coilovers in the rear so im not suprised they dont know where their 100k went.

WildBill138

Reaction score
@ehands its already a RAM does it really need to be a rhino or triceratops too? Seems condescending by stellantis to think truck buyers cant remember anything but the animal kingdom.

WildBill138

Reaction score
Im on HDrams forums often as i have a 2500. Looking at daily driver options, and i like the 3.0 turbo RHO. I hope i dont have to call it a Ram Rhino. That sounds rediculous.
I work on these trucks so i have some strong opinions. Coming from working on vipers and porsche spec race cars and the occasional prerunner, i can say AWD sucks. Gt3 cars and trophy trucks are 4wd or rear wheel drive for a reason.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why would you call it a Ram Rhino? I don't see the problem with RHO for the name. People were speculating it stood for Rebel High Output a few weeks ago before anyone knew what it was gonna be. I think you're getting too hung up on the name. Hell, just call it whatever you would like. If you buy one it'll be yours to do with as you wish.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why would you call it a Ram Rhino? I don't see the problem with RHO for the name. People were speculating it stood for Rebel High Output a few weeks ago before anyone knew what it was gonna be. I think you're getting too hung up on the name. Hell, just call it whatever you would like. If you buy one it'll be yours to do with as you wish.
I call my truck "truck" or a "Ram", at most I will say it's a Ram 1500.
I don't call it my "2022 Ram 1500 Limited Night edition a mild hybrid with eTorque"

Could call the RHO an 1500, because it still basically is although I don't see the problem with names.
I don't see any trucks for sale just called Truck 1 or Model 2 except for that Tesla company and we know how well they are doing.
I feel like this is a non-issue and they have bigger problems if you want to buy X truck but don't because of Y name.

Could always just buy HD badges and call the RHO a 2500 as far as anyone cares.

WildBill138

Reaction score
Ehands posted this caption
Screenshot_20240430-184944_Samsung Internet.jpg
I guess it triggered me because i think it sounds dumb. RHO is good, that was the whole point of my post. Im interested in the new line. Though i do hope they come out with a 2wd/4wd transmission. And maybe the awd will be good for drag racing the 3.0 with stock forged internals. But id still like to put the front driveshaft into neutral most of the time.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes this engine and transfer case, along with street oriented Bilstiens, needs to be what the Laramie GT package actually is. Street truck for me, plz.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure I’m missing something as there just isn’t a lot of info out there right now.

Is the Ram RHO essentially a TRX with the new HO v6 instead of the hellcat? What are the major differences, if not? There’s literally a $26k price gap between the two in base configuration, which is a HUGE price gap.

I understand the 0-60 is 0.1s slower and that it’s not going to sound like a supercharged v8. Is that all I’m missing for $26k? Maybe its base configuration is severely stripped down in options as compared to the base TRX. Still lots to learn, but I’m genuinely interested in what they’ve done here. Seems like a good potential upgrade from my 2020 Laramie, which is currently lifted on 35s. This RHO is definitely appealing to my interests.

One last thought - I saw the HO engine has been on the grand wagoneer. Anybody know if that’s the same engine/tranny and how it’s been holding up, if so?

Users who are viewing this thread