5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Will Hold News Conference At The Chicago Auto Show, Next Week!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Will Hold News Conference At The Chicago Auto Show, Next Week!​

Ram Truck Territory Ride Event Also Returns To Chicago...​

1643935956975.png

The auto show season is here! And while some auto shows continue to be rescheduled for later dates due to ongoing regulations surrounding the pandemic, the Chicago Auto Show will continue on with its original February schedule. Starting next week, the Chicago Auto Show will open its doors to the media and then the public amid tightening regulations from the local Chicago government.

So what will be going on at the Chicago event for the Ram Truck brand?

billyraff

Reaction score

Ram Will Hold News Conference At The Chicago Auto Show, Next Week!​

Ram Truck Territory Ride Event Also Returns To Chicago...​

View attachment 119512

The auto show season is here! And while some auto shows continue to be rescheduled for later dates due to ongoing regulations surrounding the pandemic, the Chicago Auto Show will continue on with its original February schedule. Starting next week, the Chicago Auto Show will open its doors to the media and then the public amid tightening regulations from the local Chicago government.

So what will be going on at the Chicago event for the Ram Truck brand?

Possible update about the 2023??

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full BEV? Any thoughts on it RAM will introduce a 4xe type tech?
This will happen. I was in training last week(dealer tech training), this was brought up numerous times. 6cyl Turbo hybrid will be an option soon. I fully expect to see the 6cyl next year with the hybrid soon after..

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This will happen. I was in training last week(dealer tech training), this was brought up numerous times. 6cyl Turbo hybrid will be an option soon. I fully expect to see the 6cyl next year with the hybrid soon after..
In-line or V ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got the same info about a month ago also 👍

billyraff

Reaction score
So likely following the new tundra release? Inline 6 turbo first then inline 6 turbo hybrid shortly after

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The straight six has been coming for years.

Sometimes I find it interesting how old news becomes new again. Over and over and over.

Keeps me entertained.

I have no use for a BEV....but am very interested in what RAM does to the genre.

Some say they are late to the game. Many miss that they are planning to win the game.

We seen what Rivian offers. Ford has the lightning out and about. Chevy released alot of their info.
.the Charger and the RAM are gonna be fun.

But electric...just like gas and diesel and turbo or supercharger all have their fans.

Love seeing the thoughts and information.

We check out the tesla charging stations at our local Sheetz. We see some there from time to time. Still looks very annoying.

Seen one on the back of a roll back getting a charge the other day. Good times.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Until they solve the battery energy density and charging issues, EV trucks in particular will not be widely accepted. The typical truck buyer has either an immediate use case, a desired use case, or both, that are not compatible with EV trucks.

Hybrids like the Powerstroke make much more sense.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Until they solve the battery energy density and charging issues, EV trucks in particular will not be widely accepted. The typical truck buyer has either an immediate use case, a desired use case, or both, that are not compatible with EV trucks.

Hybrids like the Powerstroke make much more sense.
The thing is...hybrids have made sense for a long, long time, but they've taken a long time to catch on. At this point, we should be going the other way and doing extended range hybrids (driving the wheels with electric motors and using small onboard IC engines as generators/chargers). It feels like that combo would provide unmatched torque and range until battery tech evolves beyond it.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The thing is...hybrids have made sense for a long, long time, but they've taken a long time to catch on. At this point, we should be going the other way and doing extended range hybrids (driving the wheels with electric motors and using small onboard IC engines as generators/chargers). It feels like that combo would provide unmatched torque and range until battery tech evolves beyond it.
I don't disagree. Tesla made EV sexy, so everyone is chasing it and governments are forcing it even more.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
YES. Why on earth have they not done this yet- it makes no sense to me.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES. Why on earth have they not done this yet- it makes no sense to me.
In part because of batteries. One, there's just not enough to go around and EV's get the lions share (look at the new Tundra hybrid getting stuck with Ni batteries). Two, battery energy density is still an issue, just less so for them. And three, when the battery does go flat during hard use... like towing... the smaller ICE now has to both propel the vehicle and charge the battery (or just propel the vehicle in a less efficient/less optimal manner).

Users who are viewing this thread