5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram used a nice processor

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was traveling this week and was in a Jeep Compass rental. It runs UConnect on a 7-8" screen and I was shocked at how much lag there was. Jeep obviously used a slower, less capable proc in that system.

On the Ram 12" I've been very pleased with how snappy everything runs, especially when you think about any possible future upgrades that could further tax the system. Had a Ford Sync system years ago that got noticeably slower with each update.

The only odd thing is when running Android Auto. I do notice a bit of lag there which I don't understand. UConnect should only be operating as a remote display with touch input. All of the processing is happening on the phone, right?

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Was traveling this week and was in a Jeep Compass rental. It runs UConnect on a 7-8" screen and I was shocked at how much lag there was. Jeep obviously used a slower, less capable proc in that system.

On the Ram 12" I've been very pleased with how snappy everything runs, especially when you think about any possible future upgrades that could further tax the system. Had a Ford Sync system years ago that got noticeably slower with each update.

The only odd thing is when running Android Auto. I do notice a bit of lag there which I don't understand. UConnect should only be operating as a remote display with touch input. All of the processing is happening on the phone, right?

It Android... they don't exist without lag lol.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m also pleased with the UConnect speed most of the time, @Edwards. There are the occasional hangs in switching SiriusXM stations, but that may be a SiriusXM problem.

I use Apple CarPlay with an iPhone XS, and it’s at least as fast as the UConnect system. I’m mostly running Google Maps, which is very responsive.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m also pleased with the UConnect speed most of the time, @Edwards. There are the occasional hangs in switching SiriusXM stations, but that may be a SiriusXM problem.

I use Apple CarPlay with an iPhone XS, and it’s at least as fast as the UConnect system. I’m mostly running Google Maps, which is very responsive.

I get zero lag when on only Sirius, but notice the most when switching Sirius channels while Android Auto is also running.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Isn't Uconnect version 4C where the major system updates happened?

Users who are viewing this thread