5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram TRX

Mopar21

Reaction score
Just kind of curious.. why is a lot of people selling there RAM TRX (besides switching over to a 23 MY??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good question since values are plummeting right now.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I had to guess...8 mpg and "shiny object syndrome" with Hummer/Denali EV, other toys.
I drove a Raptor yesterday and the salesman spent a majority of the test drive bashing the TRX for it’s single digit gas mileage. It was like he was concerned about losing a sale because the TRX exists, lol.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I drove a Raptor yesterday and the salesman spent a majority of the test drive bashing the TRX for it’s single digit gas mileage. It was like he was concerned about losing a sale because the TRX exists, lol.
Did you tell him people don't buy the TRX because if it's great fuel mileage? Or even a Raptor for that matter.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you tell him people don't buy the TRX because if it's great fuel mileage? Or even a Raptor for that matter.
Yeah, I never understood people who buy something like a TRX and then complain about the gas mileage or insurance. I remember being at the gas station hearing soccer moms complain that they couldn't afford to fill up their Navigators or Escalades. If you can't afford the gas for the car, you couldn't afford the car when you bought it.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, this thread wasn’t supposed to be about trx gas mileage. Oops, I derailed it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the people I see selling TRX’s fall into one of two camps:
“My life situation changed and I can’t afford it anymore”
or
“I’m trading out for a (name another exotic vehicle with too much horsepower)”

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
or
Or, I stepped in tok deep and didn't realize how expensive it was to own and need to get rid of it so I can afford to buy groceries again

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or, I stepped in tok deep and didn't realize how expensive it was to own and need to get rid of it so I can afford to buy groceries again
I suspect there’s a lot of that. Usually masked with the “my life situation changed” excuse.
Me, personally, I plan to be buried in the TRX. I’ve always liked the vehicles I’ve had, but never loved one until now.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I suspect there’s a lot of that. Usually masked with the “my life situation changed” excuse.
Me, personally, I plan to be buried in the TRX. I’ve always liked the vehicles I’ve had, but never loved one until now.
if i didnt do 22000 miles per year i would of bought a trx, just such a nice vehicule

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
or
Don’t forget the “I never thought this through in the first place and realize now that I couldn’t really afford it” crowd. But I could be wrong…

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wish I could of afforded a TRX. I think I was only looking at another 10-15k to get one for the vehicle alone. I then would of likely wanted\needed to swap out all 4 tires for regular on-road tires along with the 5-10k I already planned on putting into the truck.
That and combined with the perceived though of getting less MPG (which didn't even matter because my Limited get's crap mpg [13-14 city, 16-17 highway] nowhere even close to the stated epa ratings)

It's bonkers they offer a "base" version of the TRX missing features that come standard on a Laramie or a Limited imo.
I didn't check for insurance rates. I'm honestly not sure if they would of been much different then a Limited, it would still be classed as a "high theft pickup" like the 1500s already are.

I am happy with the Limited though. With the poor state of the world I may need to trade it in a year or 2 and buy a TRX on the last year run before all the damn V8s are gone for good.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So true. It's like someone buying a used 911 or AMG because it's finally 'affordable' and forgetting that it's still a Porsche or Mercedes...SMH. Even a Corvette has a very different price point for brakes and tires than your average vehicle!

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would you get rid of it for the Trx?
i really love my truck but im thinking about it

it would have to be similar to my truck,

i just think im passing something here if i dont, these high power vehicule wont be around forever with the laws of ev...

its not much the gas (because of the mileage i doo) but more of putting that much mileage on a special vehicle like the trx

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i really love my truck but im thinking about it

it would have to be similar to my truck,

i just think im passing something here if i dont, these high power vehicule wont be around forever with the laws of ev...

its not much the gas (because of the mileage i doo) but more of putting that much mileage on a special vehicle like the trx
It's not that special of a vehicle. The only limit to how many are made is how many are ordered. If you are worried about putting miles on a vehicle, you own it for the wrong reasons

Users who are viewing this thread