5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram releases 2019 Ram 1500 payload and towing charts

MetalDog

Reaction score
I saw in another post that the 22" wheels drops the max GVWR from 7100lbs to 6200lbs . Can folks who have the 22" wheels check your sticker and confirm or disprove?
Which post?! I'm trying to figure out if my payload rating has improved after ditching the 22 rims to a rebel 18 with E-rated tires (Discovery AT3 XLT). My door sticker says 1,025 with the 22's on C-Rated tires, but trying to figure out how much it has improved by going 18 E-rated.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Which post?! I'm trying to figure out if my payload rating has improved after ditching the 22 rims to a rebel 18 with E-rated tires (Discovery AT3 XLT). My door sticker says 1,025 with the 22's on C-Rated tires, but trying to figure out how much it has improved by going 18 E-rated.
This is not true of the 5th Gen. This was from the 4th Gen sport and r/t. It was the suspension not the wheels

Your payload will not be increased anyways...just how it feels moving that payload

DanG_ATX

Reaction score
Ram has released the payload and towing charts for the 2019 Ram 1500 V6 eTorque, 5.7 Hemi and 5.7 Hemi with eTorque. All launch cab configurations and box lengths are listed, Quad Cab 6'4 box and Crew Cab with 5'7 and 6'4 box lengths. This also serves as our first official confirmation on box sizes with them remaining the same throughout the lineup. Also present is the Quad Cab HFE model that we have not seen yet. Check out the towing and payload numbers below

Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-7.10.08-PM.png
Source: FCA Media
Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-6.50.55-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-6.51.10-PM.png
Screen-Shot-2018-01-24-at-6.51.25-PM.png
Hello, Im shopping around for a TT and have been trying to locate these types of towing specs for my 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Limited. Keep getting this message on the Ram website, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• NO VIN DATA AVAILABLE.PNG
    NO VIN DATA AVAILABLE.PNG
    351.8 KB · Views: 2

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Hello, Im shopping around for a TT and have been trying to locate these types of towing specs for my 2020 Ram 1500 4x4 Limited. Keep getting this message on the Ram website, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
All of this info is on the two stickers in the driver side door jamb. In fact, it's the only accurate information for your vehicle. These online towing specs are generic and don't account for your specific vehicle trim/options/accessories.

DanG_ATX

Reaction score
All of this info is on the two stickers in the driver side door jamb. In fact, it's the only accurate information for your vehicle. These online towing specs are generic and don't account for your specific vehicle trim/options/accessories.
Found it, thanks Brandon! Bummed out that the payload is so low, hadn't planned on purchasing a TT until recently so I'll have to purchase accordingly or upgrade to a 3/4T.

Attachments

• 2020 RAM LOADING STICKER.jpg
    2020 RAM LOADING STICKER.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 2020 RAM TIRE STICKER.jpg
    2020 RAM TIRE STICKER.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 21

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Found it, thanks Brandon! Bummed out that the payload is so low, hadn't planned on purchasing a TT until recently so I'll have to purchase accordingly or upgrade to a 3/4T.
Yes, Limiteds are quite limited on payload due to all the extra creature comforts.

Considering two people will take up around 350# on the lighter side, you’re down to 900# for tongue weight and other supplies. That’s not the end of the world.

Tongue weight, even at 15% of trailer weight will put you around a 6000# loaded trailer. Of course if you can get closer to 10% tongue weight then you’ll be up around a 9000# loaded trailer.

These two numbers disregard any additional weight in the truck besides the 350# I assumed for two people. Remember too, the payload number on the sticker considers curb weight if the truck, which includes a full tank of fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread