5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ram rebel nightmare

greatone99

Reaction score
not very happy ,long story short my 2019 ram rebel got hit from behind ,so its been in the body shop a month ,toe hitch ,rear bumper ,passenger rear quarter had minor damager needed a little paintwork .and it got slightly pushed into tailgate ,body shop says they pull stuff like that out all the time .go to pick up ,the panel gap is still not right where tailgate ,meets the right rear quarter .body shop says its the best he can't do ,my argument is its not pre accident condition .the brand new hitch is damaged ,paint, the new rear bumper has scratches in it. and the fender flare on the passenger side is marked up . wtf.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Who picked the body shop you or insurance co? Was the shop specifically authorized by insurance co or was it your pick and they cut the check?

The good thing about using the insurance cos body shop (authorized) is that they have a lot of leverage to make sure they get it right. If it was your pick then you are going to have to argue with them to make it right and if they don’t, go down the legal route.

Not fun. I hope it gets sorted out soon. Keep us posted.

greatone99

Reaction score
Who picked the body shop you or insurance co? Was the shop specifically authorized by insurance co or was it your pick and they cut the check?

The good thing about using the insurance cos body shop (authorized) is that they have a lot of leverage to make sure they get it right. If it was your pick then you are going to have to argue with them to make it right and if they don’t, go down the legal route.

Not fun. I hope it gets sorted out soon. Keep us posted.
my point of view is I don't want this body shop touching the truck ,minor fender bender and they screwed up the process ,my truck has more damage than when it went into the shop . it was r body shop choice ,we used them before ,but its a new owner .

greatone99

Reaction score
may get my insurance company involved ,I went tru the person who hit us ,they did there job and paid for the fix .but now stuff needs to be fixed that he did not do right ,and other stuff he damaged

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would never use a third party collision center with a new vehicle. Dealer collision services are meant to bring the vehicle back to factory standards or better. They have access to correct OEM panels, parts and paint. 99% of the time, dealer collision services will recommend complete replacement for what I would consider minimal damage. I had a dent in my front bumper and scratch/dent on my tailgate. Both completely replaced with new OEM parts and you'd never know I had an issue.

Food for thought.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most insurance companies allow re-manufactured parts, used parts, and substandard parts to repair vehicles. They want to get off cheap and could care less if your truck gets restored to factory condition. Being a pain in the A$$ is the only way you will get close to what you expect.

greatone99

Reaction score
Most insurance companies allow re-manufactured parts, used parts, and substandard parts to repair vehicles. They want to get off cheap and could care less if your truck gets restored to factory condition. Being a pain in the A$$ is the only way you will get close to what you expect.
its mainly the rear bumper ,some slices in the paint ,the gap or mis aligned panel , and some stuff he scratched

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can either try and have them or someone else correct it and continue to run point in this yourself or go through your insurance company and ask them to make it right, although I’m not sure they will even get involved at this point because you didn’t report it and repair work has been done and possibly made things worse. You might have to put pressure on the other driver/insurance to make this right.

Users who are viewing this thread