5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram or Tundra

TTE

Reaction score
I bought new 2019 Ram Longhorn couple years and had problem with AC not cool enough with AZ weather. Took it to the dealer for AC check and I couldn't find anything wrong. I couldn't handle AC not cool inside the truck especially on the back seat. I recently traded Longhorn in and got the 2020 Limited. This Limitted has no problem with AC even I got a big sunroof. I readed alot of people had problem with AC on 2019 Ram. Before I bought 2020 Limitted, I wanted to wait on new Tundra but after saw some leak picture from Tundra I think Ram have the best internal quality in the market.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Agree with you 100%! Except for the warranty thing…. Rather than put myself through the pain of dealing with the Ram service department and the warranty, I carry a roll of duct tape. Ain’t nothing duct tape can’t fix and it provides me with a much higher degree of satisfaction than going to the service department!! 😉😁😂

Red Green taught me all I need to know about the power of duct tape!!!
Duct tape is so 1900's. Now we have something much better...Flex Seal. Just spray the entire backside of the cab with Flex Seal and she will be leak free. It will work for the leaky rear window too. 🤣

JBV

Reaction score
Duct tape is so 1900's. Now we have something much better...Flex Seal. Just spray the entire backside of the cab with Flex Seal and she will be leak free. It will work for the leaky rear window too. 🤣

one thing i do plan on doing, right away, is to remove the 3rd brake light and do some butyl flashing tape (Blueskin) to make a permanent seal in advance. it looks easy to do in 10 minutes and should eliminate that spot from the potential leak equation.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually did the FlexTape on my CHMSL on my 2020 Ram 1500 before installing a Leer topper. It leaked at the CHMSL within six months as the Texas heat dried it to a crisp. Duct tape, according to Red Green, has stated it holds up better especially if you use sixteen layers of it.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I actually did the FlexTape on my CHMSL on my 2020 Ram 1500 before installing a Leer topper. It leaked at the CHMSL within six months as the Texas heat dried it to a crisp. Duct tape, according to Red Green, has stated it holds up better especially if you use sixteen layers of it.
Flex Seal...not tape.

Screenshot_20211007-130622_Google.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Flex-seal that comes in a spray can is the real deal, for sure. In one of my rentals I stopped a groundwater leak at the basement to floor seam with a good spray of that flex-seal stuff and it never resurfaced.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking in the Rivian forums and they have a thread going where they’re essentially talking about the same stuff we are here with the Tundra.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
thanks for the tip. what is the CHMSL?
I was joking about the Flex Seal. It will seal the leak but I doubt you want a 3" wide bead of the stuff sprayed on your 3rd brake light or rear window frame.

Chris_R

Reaction score
My 1986 Toyota 4x4 rattles less than my 2020 RAM 1500… 😐

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 1986 Toyota 4x4 rattles less than my 2020 RAM 1500… 😐
Almost everything from 1986 rattles less than anything made in 2021. Back then trucks were made from steel and metal…not plastic and plastic fasteners. My 2001 Ram 2500 CTD ran better, polluted less and rattled damned little compared to the trucks being made today. And that old diesel could shake more than any engine I ever owned thus one would have expected serious rattle with that truck.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean how it's so ugly? 🤣
That and hating a lot on the tiny hybrid system. It's an electric truck forum though, so I guess I couldn't expect differently.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
NO THANKS! that is ONE ugly truck!

View attachment 107507
I saw this picture and thought about Bubba from Forest Gump. 😂

I like the color and I've seen a few that I like, but I can't do it. I'm not a die hard Ram fan either, my first choice was an AT4 2500 or a High Country, but they weren't willing to give me what Ram did for my Jeep. I'm happy now and won't trade for another 4 years at least. It's just whatever I like when it's time to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread