5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram map update

Miyagido

Reaction score
This section is for people with 2019-2021 (UC4) they do not get free map updates.
You with a 2022+ have UC5 and can update your maps via the website\flash drive.
Gotcha ... Sorry about that. I appreciate the clarification.

smashweights

Reaction score
The map updates are very important, for people who want to use the built in nav
Fixed that for ya 😜 even with no new roads thebon board nav takes a much less efficient path than Google maps/AA does for my most common trip and I no longer have Sirius traffic so on board nav is even less efficient. I dealt with the onboard nav the first 2 years I owned my '19 because I didn't want to give up the big screen but I finally caved because AA nav is better and AA voice commands are miles away better.

Topsella40

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 limited with the 12" screen. The truck was manufactured in 2020 as a 2021 model and was told by the dealer that there are no map updates.Has anyone else had this problem,and if so,a solution
just got the letter saying to upgrade map for 99$

Nick821

Reaction score
For some reason I can not complete the download for the U5 map updates. I kept getting a failed download. I tried a least a dozen times. Anyone else?

Reaction score
I have NAV in my 2021, but rarely use it (if ever). I just use the Car Play for Goggle/Apple/Waze maps. It's kind of a joke that they want to charge us $100 for an updated map when they include updated maps for every year AFTER 2021.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have NAV in my 2021, but rarely use it (if ever). I just use the Car Play for Goggle/Apple/Waze maps. It's kind of a joke that they want to charge us $100 for an updated map when they include updated maps for every year AFTER 2021.
Wanna know a worse joke. Back in 2009 I bought my first house and got a first time homebuyers tax credit(wasnt really a credit as it had to be paid back over time). Six months later they updated the first time homebuyers credit to be a true credit that didn't have to be paid back, and increased the amount, but didn't make it retroactive. So I still had to pay mine back.

Rorr1821

Reaction score
This Stellantis site allows you to download Uconnect 5 Tom Tom map updates for free.

The version currently on my truck, purchased new 6 months ago, is v2023.03. The newest version shown for download is v2023.9 You should be able to go to Settings/Navigation/About to see the version loaded in your truck.
I have 2024 limited 1500 and my map version is 2022. I formatted thumb drive then downloaded the update but the system cannot read it. I have called Uconnect so many times I have lost count. Waiting to hear back. I have scheduled a service appointment with the dealer to see if they fix the problem under warranty. Ram needs to get there act together. The way the navigation was designed for 2024 Ram's with Tom Tom nav systems was to get automatic downloads over internet. Does not work. Also has anyone noticed on 2024 Rams how very slow the screen responds to commands. The electronic chip Ram is using in there vehicles is terrible. My 2020 Ram responded much faster to command inputs.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2024 limited 1500 and my map version is 2022. I formatted thumb drive then downloaded the update but the system cannot read it. I have called Uconnect so many times I have lost count. Waiting to hear back. I have scheduled a service appointment with the dealer to see if they fix the problem under warranty. Ram needs to get there act together. The way the navigation was designed for 2024 Ram's with Tom Tom nav systems was to get automatic downloads over internet. Does not work. Also has anyone noticed on 2024 Rams how very slow the screen responds to commands. The electronic chip Ram is using in there vehicles is terrible. My 2020 Ram responded much faster to command inputs.
Need to make sure your thumb drive is formatted for the proper file format, and even then, not all thumb drives will work. Also need to unzip the files into the thumb drive, not just drag and drop the downloaded folder.

Users who are viewing this thread