5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Limited w/ramboxes first impressions

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who care, a Kawasaki Mule SX side by side will fit in the Rambox models nicely. Both the 5'7 and 6'4" beds require the rear wheels to be on the tail-gate, but they will fit nice and snug.

Kramersp--beautiful truck.

Numms08

Reaction score
@sgk didnt have the first with ramboxes. We are tied. I have about 70 miles on mine and the review would almost mirror his as we have almost the exact same truck. I dont have the glass roof but do have e torque and 3.92 rear. Both black offroad. So far with a fair amount of idle I am getting 12mpg (no highway driving).

Two issues. First is opening the ramboxes. Its right. So tight that the top of the box slightly rubs on the top of the bed rail when you open it. And yes, gotta slam them shut. The second is the surroundview camera. The left side (drivers side mirror camera) flickers. Not from black to cam, but dim to bright. I will probably have it fixed under warranty.

ETorque. Awesome and smooth. I can feel the torque off the line. Engine is silky smooth. Ride is out of this world. Regenerative braking? It takes getting used to. When slowing down it feels like it downshifted to much (it didnt. Just regen braking feel) and it slows down quick with little brake input.

Overall awesome truck and absolutely beautiful. I LOVE driving it.
When did you order yours? I ordered a limited with RAM boxes on 5/23 and still sitting in D1 status

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When did you order yours? I ordered a limited with RAM boxes on 5/23 and still sitting in D1 status

I ordered RamBox on 5/9 and was just built yesterday, 9/9 - 4 months. Seems like a few are getting built every day now so yours should get built this month.

sgk

Reaction score

Ordered 5/8 and arrived 8/10 Not sure why so quickly compared to others but I have no complaints with it yet (besides the volume)

Numms08

Reaction score
I ordered RamBox on 5/9 and was just built yesterday, 9/9 - 4 months. Seems like a few are getting built every day now so yours should get built this month.
Dealership called this morning and said I’m now in “I” status pending final inspection.

Tlsuzi

Reaction score
I went to I status yesterday still in today, got this email today, Inspection people must be backed up or they have issues.

Dear XXXX: I am writing with an update on your 2019 Ram 1500 Order! Our resources indicate your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending a final inspection before being released by the plant. I will continue to track the status of your 2019 Ram 1500 order & will provide email updates as they become available. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Sincerely, Nicole Ram Product Information Center

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
To anyone that can answer this.

How much quicker is the e-torque off the line compare to the standard 5.7? 0-60 times?
Should be identical as far as I know. eTorque assists w/ start/stop.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Should be identical as far as I know. eTorque assists w/ start/stop.
I saw an article where Ram reported identical results from their own testing (but don't have the link).

I imagine you might get a slight bump when towing from the low end assist, but hard to say whether that would translate to any measurable gain.

Avid6eek

Reaction score
Great looking truck. I have a similar one on order - Limited, Black, Body Color Bumpers, Rambox, Panoramic Roof, 22" wheels. Ordered on 8/20 and should have it next month.

Users who are viewing this thread