5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM letters decals added to Rebel front grille

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered vinyl die cut letters for the front of my 2019 Rebel and just got them installed. (All of 5 minutes!) What do you think? They were like $15 from ReflectiveConcepts.com. They are a little more orange color than paint color of flame red PR4. I just removed tow hooks to paint them and will add photo when they get reinstalled after paint dries well. ReflectiveConcepts.com have lots of emblem vinyl overlays available and are Mopar licensed if you want to black out emblems (other colors available too) I just added pics with painted tow hooks. I took them off, sanded them, then rattle can Duplicolor gray primer then PR4 flame red rattle can. What do you think??? :cool: IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3408.JPG

Last edited:

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it posted....got ahead of myself doing things out of order. What do you think ? tomorrow I will have painted tow hooks on also. I will add more pics. IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3291.JPG

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At first I was a little bit irritated that color doesn't match body color exactly but maybe it is better having a contrasting orange ish tone. (....Like Trumps tan...lol) Will find out tomorrow when painted tow hooks get put back on and see how both work together. Seems to break up all the black of grill. I think GMC emblems have a orange tinge to them for years and they look good on most trucks.

Troop2865

Reaction score
It really sets it off. For me, the Rebel grill needs just a little contrast, and that is just the right amount.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great. My trucks black a red like that Ishtar give it a little more pop. I’m gonna have my hooks sprayed red by the box liner guy

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whazzup with your response, 19Jake? Please explain. When I received the die cut letters, there is a "Mopar Licensed" label on baggy letters were in with a 3d hologram like I've seen on other licensed products. I was surprised that color was a few shades off if Mopar was willing to put their licensing behind it. In fact I pointed it out about color being off with emails to them and they explained no vinyls currently on market were proper shade. They are having some vinyl custom made and are going to replace my letters vinyl for free with better match color vinyl decals. I was impressed they want to make it right on a $15 item.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bull:poop:alert
If you think that the "Mopar licensed" is not true, go to their website and check them out. ReflectiveConcepts.com The letters I ordered had an iridescent hologram Mopar licensed decal (like are on Nike team hats, etc) and it says it all over their website. They just added several sport hood graphics to their product line. Some are really cool and others are a little different. This website is sending me free another set of RAM grill letters die cut from a better matching color vinyl. I was impressed they wanted to make me happy. :cool:

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I think it looks bad ***. Especially with the tow hooks. Reminds me of the GMC Sierra AT4 I saw at the Phoenix Auto Show. Those red tow hooks made the truck pop. And that tailgate. Wanted to buy it right there.

2ff08f3916b73821a8c89285436559a3.jpg
e63935a11145e41abdcf001d35a15aec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it looks bad ***. Especially with the tow hooks. Reminds me of the GMC Sierra AT4 I saw at the Phoenix Auto Show. Those red tow hooks made the truck pop. And that tailgate. Wanted to buy it right there.

2ff08f3916b73821a8c89285436559a3.jpg
e63935a11145e41abdcf001d35a15aec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that the GMC half ton is eye catching. It is a lot easier to get used to its looks than the Chevrolet half ton version. Had GM updated the interior to the level of the Ram and offered a panoramic sunroof like Ford and Ram, they would be strong competitor. They do have a cool "swiss army knife" tailgate. The mileage EPA for the new 19' GMs actually saw some reduction from 18 models that seems odd with reduction in weight and redesign for aerodynamics........now the 2020 Chevrolet HD is a face only a mother can love. I hope for GMs sake that the GMC HD gets the look of its little brother, in pics above. .......just a thought....if you accidentally push wrong tailgate button and have a hitch in receiver, or a trailer connected, ouch, a dent could easily happen on that new fancy tailgate. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/