5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Dealer Premium Service

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a bit and wanted to throw it out there for other thoughts and possibly Ram to pick up on it. I'm currently driving a 2011 Mercedes E550 I bought used and when I take it to the dealer I get treated amazingly. 2018 E-Series loaner cars, plush waiting room with a coffee bar and snacks, a light detail every time, the works. I've really come to enjoy it. Now I'm waiting on a new Ram Limited that I'll be paying 50% more for and the thought occurred that I'm going to get a noticeable step down in service because at the end of the day it's a truck and the dealer also sells Jeep, Dodge, etc.

What if the dealers (maybe through a Ram program?) offered "Premium Service" if you bought a Longhorn or Limited? Free loaner trucks (nice ones), expedited service, etc. I'm not suggesting they go as far as some (Lincoln now has oil changes in your driveway) but I wondered, "how many customers would upgrade the trim level just to get that level of service?" I wonder if more women would look at a truck if they got that level of service?

I get that it's a dealer controlled thing but I'm not aware of any dealers in South TX that position themselves as significantly better service. My dealer focuses on the Warranty Forever angle but not much on service that I'm aware of.

I can see the counterpoint that many folks buy these trim levels today without any premium service but since Ram is the most luxurious truck on the market, why not offer the highest level of truck service? It'd be another way to distance themselves from Ford/GM. They are obviously interested in the luxury truck market so why not ramp up the service to match?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I totally agree with the idea. We bought an Acura for my wife partly because we knew, whatever happens to it, they will provide a loaner and excellent service, immediately. I have been fortunate with Jeep providing a loaner but it certainly wasn't set in stone that that should be expected, and I wouldn't be able to count on that service for future warranty work. I think people would absolutely say, go from a Laramie to a Limited if they knew they wouldn't have any headaches with transportation for 3 years or so. Additionally, the Trackhawk is 100k so, it's a service that almost all the brands under FCA could benefit from. Not asking for a handout either FCA, it's a premium that I think there is a legitimate market for. Good post.

76rich

Reaction score
I have been doing business for many years at the local dealer. I feel I get great service without calling it premium. I get all my service work done there also. Many times, when getting an oil change, I have been asked if I need a loaner for the day. The waiting area is generally clean, with TV and all the fresh coffee I can drink. But back to the service, I just want my oil changed and get down the road ASAP. I know most everyone that works there and see a lot of friendly faces. There is a lot to be said, for small towns!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a bit and wanted to throw it out there for other thoughts and possibly Ram to pick up on it. I'm currently driving a 2011 Mercedes E550 I bought used and when I take it to the dealer I get treated amazingly. 2018 E-Series loaner cars, plush waiting room with a coffee bar and snacks, a light detail every time, the works. I've really come to enjoy it. Now I'm waiting on a new Ram Limited that I'll be paying 50% more for and the thought occurred that I'm going to get a noticeable step down in service because at the end of the day it's a truck and the dealer also sells Jeep, Dodge, etc.

What if the dealers (maybe through a Ram program?) offered "Premium Service" if you bought a Longhorn or Limited? Free loaner trucks (nice ones), expedited service, etc. I'm not suggesting they go as far as some (Lincoln now has oil changes in your driveway) but I wondered, "how many customers would upgrade the trim level just to get that level of service?" I wonder if more women would look at a truck if they got that level of service?

I get that it's a dealer controlled thing but I'm not aware of any dealers in South TX that position themselves as significantly better service. My dealer focuses on the Warranty Forever angle but not much on service that I'm aware of.

I can see the counterpoint that many folks buy these trim levels today without any premium service but since Ram is the most luxurious truck on the market, why not offer the highest level of truck service? It'd be another way to distance themselves from Ford/GM. They are obviously interested in the luxury truck market so why not ramp up the service to match?

My dealer by me always has free rental cars, free sodas, cookies, TV, car wash, and free wifi etc while waiting for service to be done. Maybe its just your dealership that is not as friendly.

Flot

Reaction score
I have one dealer within walking distance from my house (I avoid them for anything but the occasional oil change) and another 5 within a 30 minute drive. They are all pretty awful. It has gotten to the point where when I dropped my previous truck off for service, I would print out in 30 point font the 3-4 things I wanted them to do and hand it to the service manager.

This kind of experience led me to purchase my new truck 1000 miles away. Vote with your wallet.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I have been doing business for many years at the local dealer. I feel I get great service without calling it premium. I get all my service work done there also. Many times, when getting an oil change, I have been asked if I need a loaner for the day. The waiting area is generally clean, with TV and all the fresh coffee I can drink. But back to the service, I just want my oil changed and get down the road ASAP. I know most everyone that works there and see a lot of friendly faces. There is a lot to be said, for small towns!
Ditto! I have three dealers around me and do business with the smaller of them. Seems they try harder to earn and retain your business. In my case (not in a small town) its worked as I've enjoyed the feeling of being recognized by not only the Sales staff but also theService members.

Users who are viewing this thread